Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-04-2013, 02:15 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

As soon as i read the title of this thread i HAD to read it. I've had the salt itch for awhile now......Its been a few years and to be honest i'm scared to jump back in. I started a 30 gallon cichlid tank for the kidlets thinking it may lessen the urges for salt. Total opposite though. What worries me though is i'd HAVE to go bigger than last time because of the ideas i have for the landscaping and thats not a good thing because the last tank was kind of a beast. Go big or go home right? LOL. Its cool to see that so many of you guys are still in it....last i heard a lot of people got out of it.

my tank setup
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Gold Member

smokinreefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smokinreefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by props View Post
Anyone know where I can buy some RO/DI water locally?? I have an RO unit on order but not sure if it'll be here by next week.
Need to premix 30-40gallon.
if you can figure out how to transport it, i usually have a rubbermaid garbage can full of RO ready to go... but i'm in north bby...
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM

input80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by props View Post
Anyone know where I can buy some RO/DI water locally?? I have an RO unit on order but not sure if it'll be here by next week.
Need to premix 30-40gallon.
I have an ro/di set up & can run some for you, although its supposed to be 100gpd, I think it takes about 5 hrs for 5 gals, lol. Maybe I have the restrictor too low. No spare buckets though
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 AM

props is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to props Send a message via MSN to props

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloc16 View Post
As soon as i read the title of this thread i HAD to read it. I've had the salt itch for awhile now......Its been a few years and to be honest i'm scared to jump back in. I started a 30 gallon cichlid tank for the kidlets thinking it may lessen the urges for salt. Total opposite though. What worries me though is i'd HAVE to go bigger than last time because of the ideas i have for the landscaping and thats not a good thing because the last tank was kind of a beast. Go big or go home right? LOL. Its cool to see that so many of you guys are still in it....last i heard a lot of people got out of it.
I am somewhat committed on a 150gallon acrylic tank. But today took some toys out to the shooting range and I think I want more toys that go Bang. Then I logged on here, look at a couple of pictures and if someone buys all my toys I'd be happy to have a tank instead. Then I thought about the maintenance, setup cost, headaches, time spent looking for corals, etc and I don't want anymore tanks. lol
I have talked to a few people who has left the hobby and they're quite happy. I really like the idea of taking a holiday and not worrying a tank.
-sigh-