Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 05-01-2015, 02:34 PM

Pike is on a distinguished road

Yeah thats my thinking too , whats the big deal if our plumbing is all pvc. But none the less theres still plenty of debate on that. Some claiming that pvc plumbing pipe has a different finish on the surface and are fabricated with a certain combination of molecules( thats where the word Poly comes from in PVC) that prevents leaching as oppose to a more "raw" and porous PVC. I dont know,
Old 05-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
Yeah thats my thinking too , whats the big deal if our plumbing is all pvc. But none the less theres still plenty of debate on that. Some claiming that pvc plumbing pipe has a different finish on the surface and are fabricated with a certain combination of molecules( thats where the word Poly comes from in PVC) that prevents leaching as oppose to a more "raw" and porous PVC. I dont know,
I think some people think that PVC pipe is made with BPA which became a "big deal" some years ago. I don't think there is BPA in PVC pipe from my research though. It is used as a liner in some plastic pipes though.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:23 PM

MKLKT is on a distinguished road

I was just brainstorming something similar the other day. I'm going to DIY something like that with the clear mesh used to cover tanks. Make a little folding basket to put seaweed in. Honestly I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't already exist commonly.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:05 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKLKT View Post
I was just brainstorming something similar the other day. I'm going to DIY something like that with the clear mesh used to cover tanks. Make a little folding basket to put seaweed in. Honestly I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't already exist commonly.
I have seen that one before on American reef videos too. Again, why didn't I think of that. lol

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 09-08-2015, 03:36 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKLKT View Post
I don't think doing a DIY feeder can be that hard, I'm using a magnetic TLF clip right now and my guys gobble it up pretty quick, but a challenge to design and make a feeder would be fun.
Think I'll fire up the thinking cap.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:56 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

You can get those plastic mesh sheets in any sewing department that come in different square hole sizes, needle point mesh I think it may be called? Cut two sheets out the size you want, zip tie three sides closed so you can press on the top and bottom to open one side up to slip in the seaweed. Attach in your tank with a sealed magnet if you have one or a suction cup with a clip. I suppose you could use a plastic twist tie to seal the fourth side up but I don't think it would be necessary.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:12 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I'll take your money! Send it to Mike!
Old 09-16-2015, 09:34 PM

Duckhams is on a distinguished road

We're on it. Should have them in soon! We saw them in action at MACNA and were amazed at how well they worked, and how actively the tangs in the tank went for it.

BIG REEF Tank Re-Build Thread: http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/show...=46508&page=23