Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Supplies

Old 01-16-2015, 01:26 AM

mihaivapler is on a distinguished road
Default Another disappointment with Reef Supplies

As the title say i just had another issues with my order from Ray,second order both with problems.i ordered this time a skimmer a heater and a light stand on 29th dec,off course it was the new year after so i did not expect to be shipped very fast,so i checked the status a week later and found out that my order was on hold.i contact Ray which sad that was the new year and the orders are shipped out betwen 3-6 days which i wierd because if you order some expensive stuff is shipped the next day,so he told me that it will be shipped on thursday or friday,this happening on monday, and that he will offer faster shipping for that.i checked back this monday on the order it was the same,on hold,on which Ray told me that he did not received the shippement soon enough on friday to be able to send it and he sent it just because i contact him to complain otherwise who know when i would have it sent to me. he told me that i should check the stock first,funny because that was the first thing to check because i needed them fast and they showed as in stock.and the first order with him was the same ordered a dc 12000 from him waited 2 weeks and nothing contact him and he told me that he does not have it in stock but on the website was showing in stock.i need another pump but i will stay away from him,better of ebay,pay less and the time to get it is the same..so this is my story about how much some vendors are appreciating our business.as an advice for them ,treat us with respect and send our stuff right away,we buy because we need them not to stock up,you guys are in business because of us...

Last edited by mihaivapler; 01-16-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:45 AM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

Why take this up here? I've ordered from him so many times and I usually get my stuff the next day I will admit that the holiday stuff was slow but it is just because there where so many orders. If he sent you what he had in stock he just coulden't justify making enough money to keep the business. Go Reef couldent and they would double ship and eventually sold the business to Ray
Old 01-16-2015, 01:49 AM

i don't mind that,but when is out of stock update the website or send me an email and let me know..happened twice exactly the same think.is normal to order from canada something and 2 good weeks later and i still not have my order.

Last edited by mihaivapler; 01-16-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:49 AM

Debra54 is on a distinguished road
Default Reef supplies

I ordered a skimmer from Ray that was on sale Dec 26 on boxing day. I have still not received it and when I ordered it said it was in stock. The money was put on my Visa right away and I phoned him 2 weeks ago and supposedly it is coming in next Thursday and they will ship it out. The problem I have with Reef Supplies is when they don't contact their customers if there are back orders and it should says out of stock on their website. I will not order from them again.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:53 AM

That's funny..how to offer something on sale if you don't have stock of it.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:06 AM

Riptide is on a distinguished road

Im still trying to figure out what your trying to sell or buy. This is the Classifieds not the feed back forum on ebay.

Last edited by Riptide; 01-16-2015 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Accidently hit quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Im still trying to figure out what your trying to sell or buy. This is the Classifieds not the feed back forum on ebay.
don't try to sell anything..the ebay was just to compare the time what it take to get the same stuff from other place..the reason why we buy from canadians vendors is to save time on the shipping,we need the products we order fast not after 3 weeks..i set up my tank already knowing that i will get my stuff soon,after 2 weeks my tank is still without a skimmer and i had to go and buy a heater from my local LFS.i just express my fustration that all..this is not fair to be ignored
Old 01-16-2015, 02:29 AM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Totally posted this in the wrong section. I've ordered from Ray a ton, and think his customer service has been awesome. Take it up in the vendor forum. Dont crowd buy and sell with your problems.

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 01-16-2015, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
Totally posted this in the wrong section. I've ordered from Ray a ton, and think his customer service has been awesome. Take it up in the vendor forum. Dont crowd buy and sell with your problems.
please move it to the vendor forum.
i don't dissagre with that,i just share my problem what i encounter.ordered first time i got my pump after a long time,i understand that it can happen so i gave another shoot and ordered again from him,the second time same issue.and to be honest i was about to order again after i placed the last order...all he has to do is just update his site or if he receive an order which he does not have in stock just send a quick and simple email letting that person know that he does not have it and not letting his customers to wait to get the order for weeks until a new shippment comes in..
Old 01-16-2015, 02:52 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

it sounds like you've been in contact with Ray, not sure why you are airing this here. I'll leave it in his forum for him to respond. Keep comments civil please.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.