Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 AM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road
Default Lightning storm today with my radions

Saw my first lightning storm today. Loading the new software and firmware versions finally got this feature working with the Natural mode.

I wasn't sure how the setting works, so had it at 30%, which is supposed to mean 30% chance of a lightning storm in the time period (day time in this case). I thought it might just flash once, but it went on for quite a few minutes (maybe 15 or 20, wasn't counting) with intermittent random flashes.

The fish reacted, too, and started swimming around, probably wondering what is going on. Even my CBB started hunting (usually doesn't do that until dusk) as the lights dimmed with the "cloud" cover. Definitely broke up the boredom for them.

Had my wife wondering too, as I didn't warn her about this feature. She thought something was blowing up. Anyway, it got everyone's attention. And have to say looked pretty cool. I like this feature. Should impress friends when they are over and see it....

How do the Sols work with this feature? Is it the same?