Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-03-2010, 05:34 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Car speaker advice needed

Ok so I have infinity referance 6.5 componants in my truck right now and one of my mid range speakers is going. so I was looking for something new and one place here showed me a fairly new set up from Audison.

they are 6.5" mid with seperat tweeter and crossover. they are AVK6 for the model but I can't seam to find any info on the at all on the net to see if they are charging to much for them or if they are even good speakers. they sound increadable in the store, kinda shocked me actualy, but I like to be able to get some reviews and such befor I spend that kind of money.

anyone heard of these?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Ok, I have found some info on them

they are Audison Voce AV K6.

they have been awarded the EISA award for European in-Car speaker system for 2010-2011.

seams to be a good speaker... for 600.00 they better be

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

$600 fro pair of mids n tweets WOW.

One thing I have learned in my years of beng an Audiophile, is NEVER listen to the stores Demo CD when testing equip. They allways doctor the tunes so it sounds better. Take in music that you are familliar with.

I remember one brand of home speakers claiming Surround Sound from 2 speakers. I put the CD they used in my Truck stock system and low and behold.... it sounded the same

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
$600 fro pair of mids n tweets WOW.

One thing I have learned in my years of beng an Audiophile, is NEVER listen to the stores Demo CD when testing equip. They allways doctor the tunes so it sounds better. Take in music that you are familliar with.

I remember one brand of home speakers claiming Surround Sound from 2 speakers. I put the CD they used in my Truck stock system and low and behold.... it sounded the same
not just mids and tweets, also have a crossover

ya, they actualy told me to bring in a cd of music i like to test them out.

600 is a lot, but for me to get into a pair of speakers better than what I have and that will handle the amp I have to drive them, I am looking at 400.00 and up. I have this curse of being very pickey in the sound of my music

I was looking at a set that was 529.00 that sounded good but then the guy played these audison's and I was totaly blowen away as they made the 529 speakers sound like absolut junk.

Steve

Old 09-04-2010, 11:30 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

i wish i could be more help in this topic i used to be into car systems when i was younger but they keptgetting stolen.. so now in my company vaan i just run generic along side the factory
only locksmith van in regina that has
2-15" shaker subs(took on collateral for job payment)
salvaged from a kenwood sub box
2 10 kenwood subs
2 mids
2 tweeters
1 1000w pyramid amp
1 1000w i forget what its called amp
8 factory speakers in 2003 astro van
crossovers and what not
and a cheap dual dvd player/cd with a 7.5 inch screen in back to watch my movies on big re pinning jobs.

so by all means no quality here i wish i could get higher end but after three full pioneer systems whent missing i gave up.

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428