Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 AM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

That's too bad, Brad.

I quickly viewed the results and found the polls very similar to my own experiences and with the results of PM reference checks. PM's and discussions at parties can provide the same info. It was just nice to see it in one place instead of having to PM a bunch of people.

Thanks for the effort.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent F View Post
Too bad, I think it is real close and I have found it very useful.
Yup, real close, but we can't get any closer and please anymore people thatn we have now. Some people will not vote negatively if they're gonna get called out, and therefore we get good reviews on a place that might not deserve it.

So here is a scenario. I go into your store, and I'm just not impressed. I don't like the way you greeted me, or didn't greet me. I look around, I don't like what I see, and I leave without buying anything. I come on here, I put a review that I was not satisified with the store, because things just weren't right. Next, I get a PM from you hounding me for reasons, and really, I just don't want to deal with you, that's why I left the store in the first place. But you won't leave it, or don't agree, so you pester the mods to remove what you feel is a wrongful review. Well, it was my honest review, and I'm allowed to offer it. I tell anyone I meet the same thing without you being able to monitor my conversation, so what gives you access to my vote? Nothing.

Now vendors like Snappy who are able to carry on regardless of getting a single poor review, and understands that maybe, just maybe, someone he dealt with, or almost dealt with, didn't like his Albertan accent, decided to post something dumb. But everyone else, because of his customer service skills, has posted great reviews. He's ok with great reviews, and can handle that maybe someone out of 6 billion people doesn't like him and he carries on doing what he does. Gives good service. I haven't bought from him, but I read the review and am confident that his service is good. It isn't skewed to be good because people were afraid to vote. I feel that I could order frags from Greg and he'll live up to what 99% of the reviews state. So there was one bad one, so freaking what?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Are you talking about vendors or staff. I don't remember being asked or even told about this feature, it just showed up. All I want and others may agree is a public voting system and the choice of participation. This is not much to ask so who's not given what?
I'm talking about people in general. I have spoken with people on and off the board that do not feel they would vote if they had a negative review, they don't want the hassle and don't want to get chased down by vendors. Why can't you just accept that someone wasn't happy?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Well, I think if you're not brave enough to stand up for what you say, you shouldn't say it. Of course you couldn't tolerate vendor abuse, I wouldn't harass anyone like you stated and I don't think anyone who would should be here. I think maybe you're over thinking that one, honestly who would do that?
I'm talking about solving a problem not creating one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Why can't you just accept that someone wasn't happy?
I'm not necessarily saying I can't accept it, but if that is the case I would like to correct it. One dissatisfied customer is too much in my line of work.

Last edited by sphelps; 08-18-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Well, I think if you're not brave enough to stand up for what you say, you shouldn't say it.
Well that's just silly. Lots of people are afraid to express their opinions for fear of conflict, etc. Me, If I think you suck, I'm gonna say it, but my Mom, she'd never say anything bad, just not deal with you ever again. Which is what we're trying to accomplish here, is getting an honest vote going by removing that conflict.
Personally, if this gets changed to post names, I will disregard any info the reviews claim and stick to PMs.

we can argue this all night, and we're not going to agree.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
we can argue this all night, and we're not going to agree.
Fair enough, if things change I will gladly participate. I think it's extremely important you contact all vendors and give them the option of participation. The way this was sprung on the vendors was very unprofessional which I found quite surprising for this site.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 AM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Canreef is a very civil forum. We are all generally quite respectful. We can strongly agree, but it doesn't get catty. I think this mentality will transfer to the vender review forum. I don't expect to get Jerry Springer all of a sudden.

Thanks to the mods for all your hard work. To the vendors, I hope you find that the review results only reflect the high quality product and service you've provided again and again to the members of this board! I trust that they will.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 08-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Fair enough, if things change I will gladly participate. I think it's extremely important you contact all vendors and give them the option of participation. The way this was sprung on the vendors was very unprofessional which I found quite surprising for this site.
Actually, we run the board for the users, not the sponsors. We do NOT need to consult you to run our board. Thanks though. I'm already unsatisifed with you and I haven't even dealt with you.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Vendors --> http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44236

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Actually, we run the board for the users, not the sponsors. We do NOT need to consult you to run our board. Thanks though. I'm already unsatisifed with you and I haven't even dealt with you.
Well to a point this is also a business where the vendors are customers who paid for a certain type of advertisement, if you change the terms and conditions of the agreement before the year is up the least you can do is send them a copy. Where's my customer service