Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 08-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road
Default Got screwed....LF a junk Tunze 6055

Buyer beware. Second time I screwed myself. First time was dealing with a "well known" reefer in the valley. Good thing I have plenty of other choices and I do not have to spend my hard earned money there...but I almost liked the guy....��
Screwed myself again today. Running on fumes, coming home from a course and swung by a junior reefer's place today to pick up a Tunze 6055 with a damaged but repaired power supply and a spare float switch. Gave it a quick glance over, handed off my cash and booked it home. Got home and realized I forgot the power supply. Crap! Then I gave the pump a better look over....in place of the pin connection the pump was direct wired to a socket plug. My own damned fault. Wound up over paying for a glorified Korila. Buyer beware, and wind up asking myself how "Craigslist hacks" found this site. It's a small.community, we all need to help each other, and one would think there would be some sort of honour amongst us. Wrong twice now. Any how....looking for a crap Tunze 6055 so I can replace the plug connector with the proper pin connector.

Last edited by Cujo#31; 08-06-2016 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:52 AM
Banned

videosilva is on a distinguished road
Default Damaged

You PAID for a working item ? Correct ? It does not work you did not ask nor wanted a damaged unit. Simple. Contact the seller and ask for your money back. You did meet the seller at his or hers residence correct ? I NEVER buy anything unless I know where the sellers lives or how to contact them. I sell my items the same way. I show them that the item is working. Once it leaves my house it it no longer my problem ex. while driving hitting a bump and the item no longer works

Last edited by videosilva; 08-07-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:10 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Funny thing is yes I paid for an item with a damaged cord on a power supply ( which in my less than lucid state I overlooked). I do know where the seller lives and yes I have made multiple attempts to contact seller (unanswered response even though pre-sale contact was near instant).
End of the day bud this is a reminder that although I have enormous faith in the reef community and the vast majority of us are good people. At the end of the day the onus is on me, the buyer, to know what I'm buying. Some of us (like me ha ha!) Need to simply be more diligent in how we conduct our business.....end of the day this is on me. I just need to find a way to correct my error. The seller can't be blamed for my ignorance.

Last edited by Cujo#31; 08-07-2016 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:32 AM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

I bought stuff from Cujo and can say he's above the board and gave me exactly what I asked for and actually gave me bonus goods.

I replied to the Tunze post and did not get a reply but the post was worded in a way that made me believe it was in working order.

Best of luck with this issue, $50 is $50 and dishonest is dishonest.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:32 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

And indeed....if you read the last sentence of my last post.....
The seller has contacted me. In keeping with my enormous level of ineptitude that I often fall victim to, what I THOUGH I had purchased was a 6055. What I purchased was a 6065.....which is NOT controllable.
I'm man enough to stand up, get slapped upon the face a few times and admit that I made the mistake. Not the seller. This is on me. My most humble apologies to the seller, and to the forum for my enormous level of stupidity. What still remains true is this....know what u r buying......God I feel like an idiot....

Last edited by Cujo#31; 08-07-2016 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:17 AM

Reyphox is on a distinguished road

Well at least you can admit when you are wrong! Most people wouldn't . Good sign of character!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:24 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyphox View Post
Well at least you can admit when you are wrong! Most people wouldn't . Good sign of character!
Couldn't look myself in the mirror if I didn't.
Moments like these remind me of how truly wise my grandfather was. I still remember as a kid...I had said something that I can't recall, but I will always remember what he said....." Son, it is often best for a man to chose to be silent and thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
Old 08-07-2016, 04:59 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I love that quote -I had it as my signature here for years. I'm glad you were able to (kind of?) work it out.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:00 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I love that quote -I had it as my signature here for years. I'm glad you were able to (kind of?) work it out.
Mmmmmmm. ....crow tastes so good.......
Old 08-07-2016, 01:17 PM

dino is on a distinguished road

I wonder if we can figure out what the plug looks like I found a few options online. is it the power supply one?or the usb type one? or neither im not really familiar with this controllable tunze