Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

I wasn't a complaint just my experience with a tank built by BVA. There is a few posts on here about people who still bought tanks from him and were not fully satisfied with them, but from what i have read the price was right. As per post 5 on here i had RC build my tank and i very happy with it, and judging by the price you just posted.... Im definitely happy with it.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 AM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road

Alright alright alright, I think I got the most relevant information about BVA's current work on single order tanks as I picked my completed tank up today.

First of all, Mitch did leave town for a month or something like that about 7 days ago, like I think it already says in this thread. So, for the last 7 days I've been dealing with Rob, who has been nothing short of a pleasure to work with.

I've called him 3 times in that span, the first was to see if I was on pace for a Thursday pickup of last week. (This call was on Thursday morning) and low and behold the tank hadn't been started since Mitch hadn't even passed on the work order to him yet. So I simply ask if I can at least pickup the 6 glass pains for my sump that I also ordered for weirs. I rehash the numbers over the phone and he says I can pick them up later that day. I get there 45 mins early of the time we agreed and they are cut, bundled together and ready to go. I get them home and they are to spec and fit perfectly in my sump. No communication loss, even over the phone.

So, I call again on Friday because I wanted to discuss the tank build with Rob over the phone too in case he couldn't read Mitch's writing very well. Once again, very accommodating and thorough.

Then, I called Monday to confirm we were still on pace for Tuesday which was the new day Rob gave me when I made my first call last Thursday and he confirmed we were and he said to come get it Tuesday to get it and we agree on 3:00.

So I got it today (I guess yesterday since its now 1:00 am) and he nailed it once again. I gave him very specific dimensions since I have a stand that is 22 3/8" wide and 72 3/8" long. So I asked for the finished diameter, including trim, to be to those dimensions so that it'd be flush and he absolutely nailed it. My tank fits on the stand perfect flush.

The glass all looks brand spanking new. Like some people here warned, I did get frosted glass on my bottom pain, but quite frankly, if this is where they cut cost, which are then passed onto me as savings, then I dont give a rats ass. Its covered in sand anyways. Maaaaaaybe Id care if I went bare bottom but even then, doubtful.

Overflow box is done very nicely with egg crate grill already installed. Silicone jobs are very clean and I am very very very happy with the tank I got for the price I paid.

I've only notice one small hiccup and that is one pain of glass is ever so slightly not flush on one corner, but wont make a difference at all. Hard to explain but its such a minor detail.

So, say what you want, but I am a very strong supporter of BVA and especially Rob. I would much rather deal with him than Mitch as it seems like everything was smooth sailing as soon as Rob took over and my tank looks fricken sweet. Im pumped. I'll be filling it up after next week since Im gone all next week. More reports later in my build thread that I'll start that'll have pictures.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

For what it's worth I've always heard good things about Rob but have never been lucky enough to deal with him. Glad things worked out for you.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

That's awesome! Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Sounds like if you are going to go with BVA, ask for Rob by name! Good to know for future reference.