Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-29-2012, 04:03 PM

Geofrog is on a distinguished road
Default Tank Sitters in Calgary?

I am going out of town for a few weeks and my regular tank sitters will not be available. Anyone have any suggestions? I do have automatic fish feeders and auto top off, but that would only conver me for about a week.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

There's a reasonable community of tanksitters sharing tanksitting duties here on the board .. what part of town are you in and what is the date range you'd need tanksitting for?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

What exactly will you need done?

My experience is VERY limited. I couldn't handle a crashing tank, but I could manage water changes, testing, target feeding, etc. I live in Huntington Hills, and I'd be willing to help out if you're close.

I have never done any tank sitting, though I do watch over a wide variety of reptiles and snakes for a couple in Beddington when they head out of town. Nothing has died on my watch so far.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:36 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Not sure what I would do if my regular house sitter wasn't available. Chaems, geckos, turtles, pond fish, FW, SW, Cats, Dogs. I would need to do a full training seminar for someone new.

Where do you live?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:59 PM

Dlo132 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
What exactly will you need done?

My experience is VERY limited. I couldn't handle a crashing tank, but I could manage water changes, testing, target feeding, etc. I live in Huntington Hills, and I'd be willing to help out if you're close.

I have never done any tank sitting, though I do watch over a wide variety of reptiles and snakes for a couple in Beddington when they head out of town. Nothing has died on my watch so far.
I live in Coventry - I may need your services in June for a weekend
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlo132 View Post
I live in Coventry - I may need your services in June for a weekend
Nice and close. Keep me posted. For weekend help in Coventry I could certainly make two visits a day (AM and PM) if required, and I can manage a wide variety of critters and plants.

When/if the time comes, you should prepare a spreadsheet detailing all required tasks (with a places for me to mark off completion times and notes/observances), and we would need to go over it the previous weekend to ensure that I understood everything. Upon completion of my visit(s) I would leave the spreadsheet on the kitchen counter for you, so you could review it.

The spreadsheet may seem unnecessary, but it is a very good tool to make sure everything is done when it needs to get done.

There would be no charge, and while future reciprocation is absolutely not required, the consideration of future reciprocation would be nice.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:08 AM

Geofrog is on a distinguished road

I live in Canyon Meadows. I will need a tank sitter for July.

Seriak, I know what you mean. We also have a bearded dragon and a sugar glider, but luckily we have someone to look after them.

If, anyone knows of a tank sitter down at my end of town that would be great.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 AM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Normally I would help no problem but I am away most of July myself. Do you need someone for all of July or just a short period in July.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 AM

amuvor is on a distinguished road

Anthony with Aquarium Medics is a reliable sitter, good person, and decently priced. Contact him. If you need his email, let me know.