Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I guess I sort of worded that poorly - technically even if you don't live in the south you're still welcome to borrow it - it's just that I live very far south and thus if you're in the north it will be a very long drive.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:15 AM

Zylumn is on a distinguished road

Thank you Tony I got a 203 not a fluval 205 up and running with zeo-carb in all 3 levels. I have changed 80% in the fowler and 100% in the reef. My nass snails are out now in the fowler but in the reef they are staying embedded in the sand.

To shed light on why there is booze in my tanks is my wife and I left for the weekend and our (no longer trusted 17 y/o) decided to have a few friends over. His party was crashed by a calgary gang of punks and a vehicle and our house was heavily damaged, as was our son received a total of 37 stitches and I thought this only happened in GVTA and GTA.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:19 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I hope he recovers well. Best of luck.

Man it's like kids needs to hire bouncers and rent-a-cops if they want to throw a party. The stories I hear are terrible!
Old 11-04-2007, 03:24 AM

Van-rookie is on a distinguished road

Kevin,

I know how you feel.
My nephew (who is staying with me) decided to have a "little" party with some friends while I was working last week. It ended up with me getting some bills for the 911 and dry cleaning the carpet in the lobby building.

And now he is already wondering around again with his friends
Have to send him back to his parents
Old 11-04-2007, 03:50 AM

He is fine, I think in shock still, but will have permanent reminders of this. Every room in our house has some sort of damage and we feel so violated. We need to stop these kids. But as I said to my wife we have a boy thats still walking and a house thats still standing , it could be worse.

I never noticed my tanks till later in the day as they were one of the first things I checked. But my lights had not come on yet and couldn't tell they were cloudy in the dark. So they have been polluted for about 14-16 hours. I will change out water at it is ready for the next few hours. My skimmers have been working like crazy. Each of them er 5-3 and er 6-3 have been filling up with watery skim you can't see through every 2 hours or so. I will keep you posted.
Kevin
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 AM

skylord is on a distinguished road

A lot of small water changes can be very stressful....I think I would rather wait a little longer for salt to mix so I could do at least 25% or 50% changes, provided I could get the water warmed up fast enough.

Scott
Old 11-04-2007, 06:47 AM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Kevin! This is TERRIBLE! Let me know if I can help with the tank in any way.

As well, I'm assuming you've pressed charges? I have plenty of experience charging $%#&-disturbing youth, as well...so just let me know if there's anything I can do. Good luck.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 11-04-2007, 09:04 AM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

I had to deal with this once in a FOWLR, I just did a couple w/c and ran carbon for a week. It scuzzed up bad afterwards but everything came through ok. Stopped keeping the booze on the shelf over the tank after that.

I've heard a few nasty stories like this and it's awful, I can't understand what comes over these kids. It almost happened to a friend of mine about 15 years ago too, she was just lucky most of my rugby team was hanging out in the back yard at the time. I wasn't there but heard it was a bloodbath.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:40 PM

Well my fowler is so cloudy this morning that I can't see an inch into it. But my reef is doing excellent as the snails are now out and about and the water looks clear. My lights are not on yet but everything looks like it is tentatively opening. I lost 3 small Damsels in my reef but everything in the Fowler is still alive (I think). I am going to close down the fowler and put the fish in the reef. Any thoughts on this, could the move be harmful and what would be the best way to acclimate them.

Drew We don't have anyone as yet to press charges against. But I am close to getting the id of the kid that brought in the gang.
Kevin
Old 11-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Kevin....if you haven't already, you should involve the police.

As for combining tanks....I'm not sure if it would cause everything more stress, or actually help. The cloudiness is getting worse in the FOWLR eh? *sigh* So not cool.

Again, let me/us know if I/we can help at all. I feel for ya, friend.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz