Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Scholer you're welcome to stay in the contest if you still want to.

And yes I think the heater should be included in the budget. Everyone else deducted for a heater so fair is fair.

Cheers!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
i beleive that no heaters are free. freebies are only to incled stuff that is NOT a maditory port of the tank. just my feelings.

Also i have no cares to wheather or not your remain in the contest the way i see it the more the merrier.
The tank is free and VERY mandatory... if he wants to buy a cheap little Wal-mart heater be my guest... it's <$15 so I don't see what the problem is??

But no crying when you have to deduct all the fish that died because you forgot to turn the furnace up and the heater couldn't pull it's weight ahah
Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Scholer you're welcome to stay in the contest if you still want to.

And yes I think the heater should be included in the budget. Everyone else deducted for a heater so fair is fair.

Cheers!
I doubt anyone else bought a 25 watt heater ahahah
Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 PM

Yeah Wes you're right it does say accessories less than $15 are free, I thought it was more clear that a heater was to be included in the budget but it's not. So Scholor I guess you don't have to include the heater in the budget unless you want to.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM

scholar is on a distinguished road

thank you guys for letting me stay in and im going to be replacing the heater since this one isnt doing it the tank is holding a steady 72 lmao so i will be on the search for another. I do appoligize for any trouble I have caused
Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 PM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar View Post
thank you guys for letting me stay in and im going to be replacing the heater since this one isnt doing it the tank is holding a steady 72 lmao so i will be on the search for another. I do appoligize for any trouble I have caused
Apologizing for trouble caused Aren't you the most polite
Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar View Post
ahah I knew it would cause you problems
Old 11-20-2008, 10:50 PM

ahah who gave the 3 star??
Old 11-21-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
ahah who gave the 3 star??
haha I think someone had to 1 star cause it was 5 stars before and it takes the average.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 AM

scholar is on a distinguished road

Well pulled out the small heater since it wasnt keeping the temp or even close to were i wanted it. I placed in a mini 100Watt heater I had kicking around. I came home from work and the temp was still room temp. The light was on and everything so i cranked it up to 90 and came back into the room an hour or so later to find that the tank temp was still sitting at 70... I then pulled the heater out and to find that the element was shot since i was holding it and the indicator light was on but it was producing zero heat. I then went back to the endless pile of used equipment I have to find another heater. with no luck on finding another small heater I was forced into placeing a full size 100watt heater in the tank well the water level in the back of the tank was right on the min line for the heater. I awoke this morning to find the tank at 87..... so me being cheep (lol) screwed me once again... So i brought the water level up in the rear chamber now by about half an inch thus covering the thermostat ( i think ) so the temp is holding steady at 79. if it works I will have to look the value up of the heater i know on jl and use 3/4 of but I want to see if this works.

another flaw I have had now is that I extended the wires on the lightbulb so I could hide them through the back of the stand. But when i went to fire the bulb it would just flicker. I have no put them back to the standard length and she fires everytime Im thinking that the amps were dropping by to much.