Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM

RipCurl is on a distinguished road
Default Red Sea Max - Temperature fluctuation Issue

Hi All,

I am taking a shot in the dark to see if any of you have experienced the same issue I am having.

My tank tends to heat up farily quickly as it is a closed unit. The cooling fans can only be turned on manually. I can either leave them on or turn them off . They do not operate under the timer unlike my lights. It is a ridiculous flaw.

The problem is If I decide to go on vacation for an extended period of time, I do not want to leave the fans running for 24x7 in case they blow and stop working. I fear if it does, my fish will fry.

I have my lights on from 12-8pm everyday. When I come home around 5, the temp reaches 81. If I give it another 3 hours, I have seen it rise to 88. I usually turn on the cooling fans when I get back from work to keep the temperature below 80... I would like to avoid doing this all together.

I would like to start introducing corals to my tank and will need at least another 2 hours of light per day

Does anyone know of a work around for this issue? In a perfect world, the colling fans would activate themselved once the temperature has exceeded what I have set it to....

Tank Type: Red Sea Max250

Thanks for your time.

Tags
fluctuation, red sea max 250, temperature