Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 05-24-2007, 12:34 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
Hi all,

Sorry for not being around and following up on this. The last month has been a record sickness month for me. Nasty cold, followed by flu, followed by another nasty cold. Trying to catch up in the "healthy" days didn't leave me much time.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw out an idea here. I was wondering what everyone thought about having a potluck bbq?? Just bring a dish of something, your BBQ meat of choice and your bevies. (not to mention frags)

I reallize some folks will be travelling quite some time so perhaps we could have the more local reefers do the more perishable dishes.

Perhaps to avoid double dishes, post what you are going to bring in this thread.

Thoughts?? Comments?? Anyone bring a BBQ??
Pot luck sounds like a great idea but you'll have to excuse me if I don't bring the potato salad (hopefully the cooler will be full of ricordea if I can get off my lazy butt and frag some)

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 05-24-2007, 12:39 AM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCWolfen View Post
I think I can make it that weekend. As long as we're diving.
If you want, I could set up the paddling pool and proved a mask and snorkel.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:27 AM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen

Ken,

I think I can make it one weekend without breathing canned air. *sniff*
We'll definately bring some food along, like a couple of salads and some munchies.

Anthony,

Let me know if you need a ride from the ferry. We're just around the corner. No problem picking you up. Catch me on msn.
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 05-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Thanks BCWolfen. Pm sent back.

Scavenger, you & your wife are very welcome & thanks again for hosting this party.

We should start a new thread so people can sign up that they're coming & maybe what they're bringing (both food & frags). Just a suggestion.

Can't wait to see all of you there.

Anthony
Old 05-25-2007, 02:10 PM

lukep77 is on a distinguished road

No worrys there, Scavenge, I will be flying this time so its more like just a jump over the rockys.

If any one needs a ride let me know we will be staying in duncan for that weekend and any one who would need a ride is welcome to pm and let me know, I will have to be back in victoria by 4pm though. Flight leaves at 6ish and the wife needs to check in to her hotel before I take off.

Last edited by lukep77; 05-25-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:38 AM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

I'm so excited! I actually have that weekend totally free to get to one of these for a change! (Thanks for the heads up Christy!)

Ken - with your permission - I would like to attend with my girlfriend, and if you need, I can bring along my BBQ... let me know if there's anything else you need.

If there are any out-of-towners that need a place to crash for the night, I can put you up... just don't expect a continental breakfast!
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:09 PM

castaway is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to castaway

I'm in on this
Let me know what I need to bring besides food and frags.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Hey all,
Yup a non reefing friend is fine,
Good idea Anthony
Your BBQ would be appreciated Reeferaddict ( I don't completely trust mine)

Not sure how much I'll be on line for the next bit. I'm still playing catch up with the yard work. Though it has given me great entertainment ideas for the frag fest. We could play:

Mow the lawn
Clean the gutters
Weed the flowerbed
Fill the potholes.

Prizes gallore for each game

Anyway, as Anthony suggested I'll post another thread for people to discuss what they are bringing ect. See here>>>> http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33109

By the way how does a noonish start sound?? I'm easy so we'll see how this fits schedules. Perhaps an earlier start would help out our flatlander friend who has to be in Vic at 4:00

Last edited by Scavenger; 05-28-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:51 PM

OK I'm feeling stupid, I was just kindly informed the 17th is fathers day. I'm still able to do this but thought I should point it out here. I hope it works for all of you. If not, I'm open to suggestions. Early start, put it off a week ect.

Last edited by Scavenger; 05-28-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:54 PM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

My kids are teenage ingrates anyways!

Hahahahaha
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!