Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 08-10-2014, 11:54 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Default sps losing colors

I noticed over the past week or so after i raised my LEDs about 4" higher so that it is able to shine light on my colony thats farther to the side of my tank. Then all my other sps started to turn brown n lose color. Some of my sps colonies are turning pastel near the center where theres lil light shining on it. I lowered my lights back to its original position hoping it will color back up again. Do u guys think this is the problem or is there another problem that's making my sps lose color? My water parameters are in normal range as its always been.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

ops was supposed to post this under reef section..... Admins please move this over =)
Old 08-11-2014, 12:15 AM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
I noticed over the past week or so after i raised my LEDs about 4" higher so that it is able to shine light on my colony thats farther to the side of my tank. Then all my other sps started to turn brown n lose color. Some of my sps colonies are turning pastel near the center where theres lil light shining on it. I lowered my lights back to its original position hoping it will color back up again. Do u guys think this is the problem or is there another problem that's making my sps lose color? My water parameters are in normal range as its always been.
Longer duration of lights or raise it 1/2" per week?

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.