Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-04-2015, 04:42 AM

H2o2 is on a distinguished road
Default Snorkelling

I dont dive but snorkel and a friend is letting me borrow his go pro for when we go to Thailand in January so if i get anything cool hopefully i can figure it out and will be able to post it here
Old 12-04-2015, 05:52 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Agreed! We are staying at Mi Casa, $610 for two weeks and about 2 blocks from the water. We have not booked a dive op yet but thinking about going with Aldora based on their great reviews.

Yea that's the place we stayed at mi casa was awesome we got the room with a kitchen and bought our own breakfast stuff cause we were too early for their breakfast usually before our dives good spot

Also yes we did dive palancar reefs while there man took so much more video in Indonesia and as I'm editing it I'm regretting it lol
Old 12-04-2015, 10:42 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Just came back from the Big Island where I was able to get a couple tanks in. Not as much as I'd like, next time there's an opportunity for me to do "diving while on vacation" I hope it can be more of a "diving vacation." (Not that I didn't appreciate all the other things we did though, I love it in Hawaii.)

One dive was down to 80' and unfortunately a little overcast so my non-extra-light GoPro pictures are not terribly good. When time permits I will see what I can salvage and share.

One heartbreaking thing I saw was a lot of coral bleaching. One reason I keep going back to the Big Island was just how vibrant the coral colours were, porites, pocilliporas and others, lots of pinks and yellows ...... this year so much white.

On closer inspection I could see that the coral was still alive, just bleached. So one thing we can say, with the experience we get in this hobby .. is that we know that if conditions allow, they can recover. The flipside though is that, with the experience we get in this hobby ... is that if things don't get better quickly, the potential to dieoff is also there. So it is with no small measure of mixed emotions on my part this time around.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:37 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Tony, did you give any consideration into doing the manta ray night dive?
Old 12-05-2015, 01:42 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
One heartbreaking thing I saw was a lot of coral bleaching. One reason I keep going back to the Big Island was just how vibrant the coral colours were, porites, pocilliporas and others, lots of pinks and yellows ...... this year so much white.

On closer inspection I could see that the coral was still alive, just bleached. So one thing we can say, with the experience we get in this hobby .. is that we know that if conditions allow, they can recover. The flipside though is that, with the experience we get in this hobby ... is that if things don't get better quickly, the potential to dieoff is also there. So it is with no small measure of mixed emotions on my part this time around.
Ugh...that's no good. I can't imagine the conditions in the ocean changing quickly to reverse the bleaching...

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:44 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Tony, did you give any consideration into doing the manta ray night dive?
We did it as a snorkel 2 years ago which was pretty amazing becaus they come a lot closer to the surface than the bottom, but I think you'd get better pictures looking upwards from the bottom so I did want to do the dive this time around. Unfortunately circumstances caused us to cancel that. Basically we ran out of money. The USD exchange rate right now is brutal. :-(
Old 12-05-2015, 04:41 PM

Yup. We seriously looked at going to Kona this winter but the exchange rate killed that idea. Someday....

Quote:
W of money. The USD exchange rate right now is brutal. :-(
Old 12-05-2015, 05:31 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The USD exchange rate right now is brutal. :-(
Yep, it was 1.375 on my CC. When you're talking thousands...it escalated quickly.

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:44 PM

shiftline is on a distinguished road

Here is my video from diving in the Galápagos Islands last spring. Amazing place

http://youtu.be/txTjzcw1Fv0
Old 12-05-2015, 09:50 PM

Beautiful! Did you see any hammerheads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftline View Post
Here is my video from diving in the Galápagos Islands last spring. Amazing place

http://youtu.be/txTjzcw1Fv0