Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

Here are pics of the front board removed & of the underside of the ribbon cable. I do not have tools small enough to remove the ribbon cable from the front, & therefor cannot take a pic. of the inside of the pinhole. However at this point i would say it is crystal clear there has never been a drop of moisture inside of this unit. Sorry I'm having now luck attaching photos to the email.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:06 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Other than pump wear due to no servicing as discussed by email then I doubt the unit is at fault, they are pretty bullet proof

I have given some suggestions by email, please go through these to rule out unit issue, but as said above other than lack of servicing which can lead to the unit dosing less than dialled in, i dont see any issues, but I will continue to support you via email.

One last thing, pump calibration is important - make sure you have calibrated the unit recently as per instruction manual.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

Thx. Micheal I think the unit is fine as well. I just feel the random dosing on the auto setting doses inappropriately close to one another. I'm not saying that this is causing the precip, but could likely play a part. Like said it is probably a shitty batch of chems.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:28 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi

the close dosing would not effect the chemical imbalance, the GHL is used by well over 1,000 users now in North America.

I would suggest two things

Use manual mode as per the instruction manual I sent then you have full control over when it doses, if you want help setting this up just call me.

But you have hit the nail on the head really, bad chamicals "cheap chemicals" are cheap for a reason. I do not know what you are using but we have seen some bad stuff out there of late, more so in the "DIY" home brew catagory or stuff that is supplied from that process calcium for salt clearance is NOT reef safe.

I will reply to your email also.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 11-18-2011 at 08:37 PM.