Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-24-2014, 04:33 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default Apex users: how often do you reboot? Or how to detect "stuck" ?

So yesterday I discovered my T5 lights were off when they should have been on. Turns out, my Apex was stuck. The control panel was responsive to input but none of the power outlets were working properly.

My Apex controls my dosing, T5's (which are supplemental - the main lights are self-controlled), and heater. Judging by the temperature graph the tank was cooler by a degree for several days.

I thought the temperature drop was just due to the cold weather so I didn't think too much of it when I first noticed that the tank was slightly cool. But now I realize the controller just wasn't doing its thing. I should have clued in when I noticed it was 1 degree cooler and I wasn't getting email alerts (apparently I'm still getting used to the fact I can get email alerts at all). Of course after power cycling the Apex (aka "unplug it and plug it back in") I started getting email alerts about the temperature.

Whoops.

The controller has been online for well over a year now and in that time I can think of one other occasion where I needed to power cycle it. Overall, that's not TOO bad I guess, but it goes to show that apparently I was getting too complacent with things and need to be a little more diligent in checking the temperature graphs and whatnot.

I'm curious to hear of other users experiences with this sort of thing? How often do you power cycle your Apex?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I only cycle mine when I upgrade firmware.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:52 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

I hear that the latest update has corrected many of the reboot issues. Try updating your firmware if you haven't done so in a while.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:21 PM

Simons is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen my Apex get stuck yet under the "4.31_E" (latest) version of firmware.

I have noticed though, that sometimes the display unit does not display what I have programmed to display. Everything still works as it should (pumps, lights etc) but when I notice the display not correct I do a reset and they display corrects itself.

I think there are still some small bugs with the latest firmware as well, I would expect another firmware release within a few weeks, but for now the "E" version seems to be working fine for me...
Old 02-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
I haven't seen my Apex get stuck yet under the "4.31_E" (latest) version of firmware.
+1
Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Yeah I'm not at the latest so I guess that's an easy thing to take care of later.

Did any of you have hanging issues prior to 4.31_E?
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Yeah I'm not at the latest so I guess that's an easy thing to take care of later.

Did any of you have hanging issues prior to 4.31_E?
Not me.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:37 PM

martinmcnally is on a distinguished road

Had mine for a year and a half. Never had a problem with it.