Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road
Default Things I have discovered about my tank over the years

1. my tank knows when it is December. December is the month that it is most likely that I do not have any extra cash for the tank. The tank ensures that it gets its share of attention by having some sort of equipment malfunction/breakdown. Christmas/birthday presents of years past include replacement wavebox, tunze driver box, tunze power module for replacement wavebox, and currently a ruptured impeller on skimmer pump.

2. the more you need said malfuntioning/broken equipment, the longer it takes the replacement to get here/farther it is away

2. if there is something to happen with your tank, like your fish contracting ick, emergency waterchange needed and you're out of salt, equipment breakdown etc. it will happen on a Sunday. At 7pm. This is especially likely if you are in a small town.

3. the more expensive the fish, the more likely it is to jump, the more likely it is that nobody else has ever had one jump. yes, its just you. this also applies to expensive corals and RTN.

4. if you do a late evening waterchange (anytime after say 8 or 9 pm), your skimmer will overflow all over the floor and you will be woken up to either pumps grinding or your controller screaming about the low water level in your sump.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.

Last edited by christyf5; 12-05-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:48 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Truer words never been spoken. Sorry to hear Christy good luck with it all.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Staff

5. if you have a glass topoff tank, after awhile it starts to smell like a freshwater fish tank. very odd since there are no fish in it. guess there must be something growing in it (biofilms I guess). note to self: clean this tank more often

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Or if a tank is going to blow, it will happen at midnight on Sunday (7pm is far too early and convenient - ie. other people who can help you out are still awake and available)
Old 12-05-2011, 03:04 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Or if a tank is going to blow, it will happen at midnight on Sunday (7pm is far too early and convenient - ie. other people who can help you out are still awake and available)
oy! I haven't had that one happen, thank goodness. I assume its coming at some point though. I was thinking about that last night, at what point do you replace a tank, does anyone really know how long they're good for anyways?

My 180 Build

Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

For me - something always needs replacing, always.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Staff

6. stupid me, I forgot the all important "if a rock needs adjusting, plan on spending at least two hours working on the resulting landslide" *facepalm*

My 180 Build

Old 12-05-2011, 03:17 AM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Or if your calcium reactor is going to malfunction it does it at 8pm the night before you leave for the Philippines with your family. Thankfully I don't use a Ca reactor anymore!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
For me - something always needs replacing, always.
oh that sucks, I've actually not done too badly this year compared to years past. my tank always manages to get me when my wallet is empty though

My 180 Build

Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM

Casey8 is on a distinguished road

Or it always happened just before you have to leave to go to work, and ended up calling in sick or lied about your car didn't start.