Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

All about spongebob in my house. Which I will say I find humor in also
Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 PM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

You guys shouldn't allow your children to watch television. It rots their brains at such a young and impressionable age. They will essentially turn into mush by their teenage years.

I was told this one by a family member. No lie.

My two year old doesn't seem to like TV though funnily enough. Perhaps it's my fault because I cannot stand to watch the TV shows on teletoon and what not so I just turn on some Nat Geo instead. He likes watching the animals and all the antelope and deer and mountain goats we see on there are called "cows". The cats, lions, tigers, cougars, etc. are all "Nettas" - (Our cat's name).
Old 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefgirl189 View Post
You guys shouldn't allow your children to watch television. It rots their brains at such a young and impressionable age. They will essentially turn into mush by their teenage years.
Commercial TV is garbage. I would not let that crap into our house. All our TV is ripped from DVD or downloaded from the Internet.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
My granddaughter loves "In the Night Garden" but she is only 18 months old so I forgive her
I miss the sweet sounds of the pinky ponk. these days it's jake and the neverland pirates.

My kids are both very smart for their age and have actually learned a lot from some of the shows on tv.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:51 AM

wolf_bluejay is on a distinguished road
Default I got lucky!

At a time just after I had a "little" mishap with water from the tank and the wife was not very happy, we discovered that the one and only thing that calms my son (now 2 years old) was the fish tank.

I wish I had a video of it, as 3 months old I would hold him and walk in front of the tank -- he would stop and calmly watch the tank (quietly). I would then walk with him out of the room and he would "scream" and repeat.

We ended up setting up his little chair in front of the tank and he would watch it for hours. At the age of 2, he will still sit and watch the tank. He does still like to watch TV once in a while, but he will at least once a day climb on a chair in front of the tank and stare.

This allows me a lot of breathing room with spending money on the tank
Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 AM

bignose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_bluejay View Post
At a time just after I had a "little" mishap with water from the tank and the wife was not very happy, we discovered that the one and only thing that calms my son (now 2 years old) was the fish tank.

I wish I had a video of it, as 3 months old I would hold him and walk in front of the tank -- he would stop and calmly watch the tank (quietly). I would then walk with him out of the room and he would "scream" and repeat.

We ended up setting up his little chair in front of the tank and he would watch it for hours. At the age of 2, he will still sit and watch the tank. He does still like to watch TV once in a while, but he will at least once a day climb on a chair in front of the tank and stare.

This allows me a lot of breathing room with spending money on the tank
This is very true both my daughter and son do the same thing when I'm holding them but put them in a chair by themselves and they freak out lol.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 PM

bling_bling466 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
baby einstien is like crack for my 8 month olds they can be cranky and tired put it on and silence and happiness
Baby Einstian all the way lol. The only this he likes more is my fish tank. I just bought him a new clam lol Cough Cough lol

I'd say the baby neptune one is the best I do to get hearing all the sounds.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic111 View Post
for my 3yr old it is Toopy & Bino.. drives me nuts.. lol
That is my 3-year-old's favourite show, too. He loves it!

He's also a fan of "Max and Ruby," "The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!," "Bubble Guppies," and "Mike the Knight."

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
My granddaughter loves "In the Night Garden" but she is only 18 months old so I forgive her
That was my boy's favourite show at that age. Though he did really like "Waybuloo," too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoralEdmonton View Post
ugh hate the night garden... its wot wots or 3rd and bird for Grayson..... lol

Steve
My little guy is also named "Grayson."

Something curious has developed in our little guy's viewing tastes. He HATES English accents. He refuses to watch "Thomas & Friends" or "Guess With Jess." He doesn't have an aversion to any other accent that he's exposed to.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 PM

toxic111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
That is my 3-year-old's favourite show, too. He loves it!

He's also a fan of "Max and Ruby," "The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!," "Bubble Guppies," and "Mike the Knight."
Complete list of Hunter's favorites. LOL. We just moved to SaskTel Max TV, now have disney, so he is wanting that channel once & awhile.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 AM

bignose is on a distinguished road

I was on the internet and as usual I zoned out Role Play on Tree House when my mother in law comes down and says "what the heck no one can peace and quiet with this on" I started to laugh at her and I told her I've learned to zone all those annoying shows. The shows that I can't phase out are In The Night Garden, Four Squares, and Wonky Wonk. Ugh those shows grate on my nerves.