Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-20-2013, 02:54 AM

yellowworld is on a distinguished road

So today i got a few things done, the paint is all dried and its time for final assembly to begin!

Tomorrow I start the last of the wiring! I gotta get the fans up and running and finish the enclosure around the electronics and that should be all! everything else is just plug and play
Old 11-20-2013, 02:56 AM

Progress!!!! but it comes just intime for me to have to go back up north for work...however Im going to be leaving it on a good note!!

I now have water in the tank and i get to go back to work and essentially skip the whole cycling process that kills everyone haha no one likes sitting around and waiting as things slowly get going so i guess you could call that a silver lining but here we got with the pictures

I got the enclosure for the electronics all done and its extremely tight inside the sump cabinet, if you thought it was tight before this is what it looks like now!

there are still a few small details i have to get sorted out and if you look close the reactor needs carbon and the lines connected but I cant do that till i get the parts i orders (two little fishies reactor entender kit to make the output a nice downward tube instead of just a piece of curved hose, and I need to get or make a refugium light and get it hooked up and the fans need a power cord made up but thats all stuff for when i get back, right now its running and functional

this is the power center all wrapped up and nicely sealed behind the acrylic door

and with the tray pulled out i can open the door and get to everything i need to adjust or work on and then close back up

WATER!!! as i you can see its all working and getting cycled but when i get back there are some final details i have to work out, unfortunately the plumbing handles all the increased water flow perfectly, i say unfortunately because there isn't enough back pressure in the line to feed the water fall, so im going to have to add a ball valve to the return line to increase the water pressure to get the water up to the waterfall but thats easy enough to do. Lastly i need to take the background out and get all the exposed rock covered in epoxy and sand to make it look like rock again but other then that and the light im pretty much laughing!!

So I head up to work monday morning and until im back november 11th everyone enjoy and leave some comments!! there are new parts and equipment on their way here are you read and as soon as im home this tank is going to have new updates!!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:57 AM

And that brings us pretty darn close to up to date!!! go and read what you haven't seen and ill keep going with I'm doing right now!!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 AM

Hey guys so ive been busy again now that im home! this time I'm doing some work on the exposed rock work

I picked up a bunch of tiny tiny pieces of balsa wood and I'm building this out of it

this is as far as I've got but don't worry there is still a lot more of that to come
Old 11-20-2013, 04:40 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Well freaking done Jamie man love it
Old 11-20-2013, 04:44 AM

canadianbudz604 is on a distinguished road
Default Wow

Cool build, you should get some type of plants or something on that rock like the mountain.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:48 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

That's just insanely cool! Nicely done!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:51 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Wow thats pretty cool! What an interesting way to look at a reef tank. I love it.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

lol i love the little walkway you're nuts! the fish are going to look like monsters swimming around below that. you should have a person sitting on the walkway with a fishing pole.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbudz604 View Post
Cool build, you should get some type of plants or something on that rock like the mountain.
Im trying to find some scale stuff to grow on their right now but I think if i was to go with more of a fake kinda model train type scene but minus the train it would look really good but your right nothing really compares to living plants!

So if anyone has any idea on where to find or what kind of miniature type plants, vines, flowers or greenery there is out there i would love to hear from you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
That's just insanely cool! Nicely done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Well freaking done Jamie man love it
Thanks guys I love the way it has turned out so far and i still have a long way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
Wow thats pretty cool! What an interesting way to look at a reef tank. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
lol i love the little walkway you're nuts! the fish are going to look like monsters swimming around below that. you should have a person sitting on the walkway with a fishing pole.
Brett your taking the ideas out of my head hahaha I have bought a few little N scale guys from PM hobby craft when i picked up all the balsa wood i just gotta figure out where to put them now.

And i agree its a completely new perspective on the hole tank now that the walkway is on the rocks everything is going to look giant haha its going to be its only little realm!

Tags
bowfront, custom, exposed rock, tunze, wavebox