Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 05-14-2009, 04:41 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

No worries - and ya, I started a new thread in my forum to continue a discussion I though was important (ya kinda a trouble-maker myself!). Thanks. Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
My apologies Dave. I didn't realize this was in your forum until now. I thought it was just a thread discussing moderation, which to be fair sounds about right.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:43 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post
Pleased to hear you are considering another purchase - last time you posted you indicated you would never be buying from me again and sold your credit. Glad things can change!

I can verify my pink lemonade is in fact my pink lemonade if that's what you mean...and I can show you a picture of the colony it will be coming from. I generaly just make up the names for ordering purposes (such as the lariat zoa - named after the truck I just bought), or if it is visually simalar to other popular corals.

Also - the frag may be a little on the larger side, my colony is getting quite large now. I can prepare the frag for you and mount it however you like - give it a 5-8 days and it should be encrusted on whatever substrate you prefer, liverock or a aragonite disk. I don't keep frags of this ready for shipment - I really do not like fragging this coral.

Again, sorry about that last frag, I ended up losing the entire colony. Make things worse, it was one of the wife's favorite.

Your wrong Dave, I didnt sell my credit, I gave it away. Yes I was quite upset that the zoa frag that I had purchased died in your care and without notification to me you cut a fresh one ( off a colony that was sick anyways) and shipped it. I sure wasnt going to pay $60 shipping to replace a $30 frag.

One other online frag outlet used a ploy on me a number of times back in the day.. it seems every order I received had one frag that somehow had just dissolved.. so to justify the shipping of a "free" replacement I would add a couple of hundred $ of new stuff.. and what ya know.. one would come as just an empty rock or frag disk... I have never had a zoa frag in my tank just dissolve to nothing in 6-12 hours..

I dont know what your using to grow corals.. but I have never had a fresh cut acro frag encrust in 5 days!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:53 PM

Could have sworn you posted following the frag not surviving shipping that you were selling the $30 credit for $10 less than it was worth ($20)....and then I recall increasing the value of the credit to $50 to help you sell it in a timely manner - perhaps I am incorrect. Somebody look that up!

Also "fragging of a off a colony that was sick anyways" - those are your words not mine. Does not sound like something I would do as I don't need the $30 that bad.

Depending on the SPS frag and where I place it (assuming the frag is cut flush) - yup 5-8 days depending on the coral (and this one does like to encrust). Keeping the magnessium high is my secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
Your wrong Dave, I didnt sell my credit, I gave it away. Yes I was quite upset that the zoa frag that I had purchased died in your care and without notification to me you cut a fresh one ( off a colony that was sick anyways) and shipped it. I sure wasnt going to pay $60 shipping to replace a $30 frag.

One other online frag outlet used a ploy on me a number of times back in the day.. it seems every order I received had one frag that somehow had just dissolved.. so to justify the shipping of a "free" replacement I would add a couple of hundred $ of new stuff.. and what ya know.. one would come as just an empty rock or frag disk... I have never had a zoa frag in my tank just dissolve to nothing in 6-12 hours..

I dont know what your using to grow corals.. but I have never had a fresh cut acro frag encrust in 5 days!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You and me both - lots of rules in government (I work in healthcare),

As noted above, my suppliers are the Local Fish Stores here in Toronto. I have in fact asked for copies of CITES to investigate the possibility of re-exporting frags to the US -ya it did not go over well as the CITES contains the suppier name...and the local stored here are kinda protective of that as you may be able to appreciate! (only as good as your sullier here in Toronto)

Hope this adequately answers your question. Dave
Well....I'm sure that for any potential business from me, you could somehow persuade your LFS to relinquiesh the CITES for me to veryify...otherwise how would I know? I am just basing my purchase on your honesty that the corals were imported legally.

Could I call DFO to visit your LFS so that they can verify the CITES authenticity before I make a purchase?

Could you kindly ask your LFS if this would be a possibility?

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
Well....I'm sure that for any potential business from me, you could somehow persuade your LFS to relinquiesh the CITES for me to veryify...otherwise how would I know? I am just basing my purchase on your honesty that the corals were imported legally.

Could I call DFO to visit your LFS so that they can verify the CITES authenticity before I make a purchase?

Thanks.
RAD, I believe your sole intent here is to cause trouble. Please refrain from this activity. The vendor is not responsible for showing you anything. It is an unreasonable request, no LFS would oblige to this type of request.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:11 PM

how much are you looking to spend?

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:15 PM

BC Mosaic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
.... I generaly just make up the names for ordering purposes (such as the lariat zoa - named after the truck I just bought), or if it is visually simalar to other popular corals. ......
Now there is the crux of the matter.
Thanks for adding to the confusion, mislabelling, mispricing and all the other BS that is cropping up.
Sheesh.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:17 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

What reason would you have to doubt that WickedFrags corals weren't brought in legally? The site doesn't claim that the corals within it require anything more than a regular export CITES from the country of origin, which most fish stores never receive aside from the CITES sticker on the box. It is the wholesaler or facilitator that needs to ensure that the proper CITES is in place. Now if Wickedfrags were to bring in corals that obviously require a re-export CITES permit to bring them from another country, then the paperwork would be their responsibility. On a side note, anyone could send you a CITES that had a couple Acropora sp. & Montipora sp. listed on it and you wouldn't know if those were for the corals in the bags sent to you. It's a faulted system, which makes it easy to get by.

If Wickedfrags were to post that their sunset Montipora was of Tyree lineage, I'd be the first to ask them for the paperwork.

I've been hearing the "so what, it's a stupid rule anyways" a lot lately, and you know what. I agree completely! Yes it's insane to think that the government has a problem with reefers trading/selling aqua-cultured corals. But you have to start somewhere with the rules that protect the animals don't you? Just because it maybe aqua-cultured doesn't change the fact that it may have come out of the ocean illegally (I don't think that's the case with all the corals in question).

Quote:
Could you kindly ask your supplier to forward you a copy of his/her CITES for me? You could PM or fax me a copy.

Thanks and looking forward to it as I would like to spend quite a considerable amount of money with you just as long as you can show me documented proof that you or your supplier brought it in legally.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Scythanith; 05-14-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Quinster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Quinster

Quote:

Thanks.
Do you do this with all the other stores you purchase items from that look exotic or may be labeled as something it is not? When your buddy/neighbor "John Doe" frags his nice new exotic coral for you, do you ask him for proof of cities import?

I don't see many stores that import their own corals, let alone someone who frags their personal stock for resale accomidating you with this information.

How would you verify the coral in question is the actual one listed on the cities provided?

**EDIT: I see this was touched upon while I was taking my sweet time posting.**
Old 05-14-2009, 05:20 PM

I don't understand your post - naming a frag and assigning a price to it is not new and is done by essentially all online websites.

I do not try and associate corals with specific ID sites or anything like that, because that can be even more confusing and/or misleading. More intersting than Zoa No. 1, Zoas No. 2...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Mosaic View Post
Now there is the crux of the matter.
Thanks for adding to the confusion, mislabelling, mispricing and all the other BS that is cropping up.
Sheesh.