Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-26-2008, 12:30 AM

Mikee is on a distinguished road

Lucky guys.. wish i could find that stuff around here.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:24 AM

LeeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LeeR

haha thats one of the reasons i left vernon.. next time i go up there i can hook you up with a brom.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:21 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Am i alloud toask how much you guys paid for your darts? dont need a vendor or anything just a ballpark figure. i was looking at rhem a year ago. and seeing this thread has perked my interest.

Will also add a pick of newt tank if anyone is interested. just fire bellies with dwarf frogs.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:13 AM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacheteAvenue View Post
sorry, some people like having more then one hobby!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
Am i alloud toask how much you guys paid for your darts? dont need a vendor or anything just a ballpark figure. i was looking at rhem a year ago. and seeing this thread has perked my interest.

Will also add a pick of newt tank if anyone is interested. just fire bellies with dwarf frogs.
depends on the frog.. probably $40 up to alot...
www.canadart.org.. is a good place to look for people close to you that my have frogs for sale.

Ya post pics of your newts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
VIDEO GAMES
Old 08-28-2008, 12:44 AM

Justusfish is on a distinguished road
Default Inspired

Okay, Machete inspired me. Here is my first attempt. I went out this weekend and bought a candle lamp and made it waterproof. I bought some wood and plants from Hawiian Botanicals including one carnivorous, one jewel orchid and two bromilliad and awaiting a panel of LED lights from E-bay. Will probably add a little computer fan later.

I'm sure I have made a million errors but I can already tell, I'm going to like this hobby.

I posted some pics on photobucket but I can't seem to link them.

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...h/IMG_0042.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...h/IMG_0036.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...h/IMG_0035.jpg
210gal tank, mega flow#4 sump 30gal, Euroreef RS250, 1/2 horse chiller, lifeguard 40watts uv sterilizer,poseidon ps4 external pump,24" plexi refugium with pump and light, 2 rio pumps 3100,72" 72" PFO Solaris-I4 15K LED Lighting Fixture. Tunze wavebox. Precision Marine calcium reactor for up to 400gal,with about 200lb of figi live rock, bare bottom
Old 08-28-2008, 01:14 AM

spreerider is on a distinguished road

i have about 20 orchids in an orchid room aka my shed, the one i think is best for a terrerium is the 'Jewel Orchid' ludisia discolour, they have velvety purple leaves with gold or red veins.
Alot of orchids dont do well in terreriums as they grow in treetop jungles and dont like stagnent air and need high airflow with high hummidity.

justusfish i cant see your jewel orchid where did you hide it?
Phaph type orchids grow well in swampy conditions as well as phrag's they are both lady slipper orchids.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:26 AM

Thats a awsome little terrarium. did you get that candle holder at super store?

jewel orchids are awsome Hawiian Botanicals only had one huge plant last time i was there and i didnt want to take a chance with a un rotted cutting.. i havent been back there because gus is to much... wish i had a place like that closer to me.... any ways to solve the lack of air flow i just put a small pc fan in my terrariums just to keep a bit of air movment and my chids seem to really like it there all growing and flower.

few shots of my most resent flowering.. lasted about 2 weeks.. now its got another comin in shortly.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:31 AM

Default terrarium construction

bought the candle holder at Rona. Backing at a pet store. Fake rock foam. All else bought at Hawiian Botanicals. I have the orchid on the bottom. Purple with gold veining.
210gal tank, mega flow#4 sump 30gal, Euroreef RS250, 1/2 horse chiller, lifeguard 40watts uv sterilizer,poseidon ps4 external pump,24" plexi refugium with pump and light, 2 rio pumps 3100,72" 72" PFO Solaris-I4 15K LED Lighting Fixture. Tunze wavebox. Precision Marine calcium reactor for up to 400gal,with about 200lb of figi live rock, bare bottom
Old 08-28-2008, 02:39 AM

Default Jewel orchid

Here is the orchid. It's at the bottom. I have three in there. They're just shy.

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...h/IMG_0049.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...h/IMG_0050.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...h/IMG_0051.jpg