Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-10-2009, 03:28 AM

syeve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
Did you change your nem? Looks different..

The clowns look good... at least someone can keep them alive.. I sure as hell can't.

Nope, same one, I think it has grown though, it looks different everyday, somedays its half that size, somedays, it bigger...I may have to give it away...it is about 4 inches from touching both sides of my tank when its fully spread. I really like it and it hasn't moved sinse the first week I got it so I think it's happy where it is. The clowns actually host my green star polyp more often (I don't think they are very smart ).

Those two clown are from RC, they were in the captive bread tru perc batch, they were super healthy when I got them, they seem to be doing ok, they eat everything in site.

Thanks for the comment karazy!

Last edited by syeve; 03-10-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:12 PM

kelbri is on a distinguished road

Read through your journal. Great looking tank. I love the color of the rock.

I am going to set up a 29g (hopefully this week or next). Fish only with LR. The q's I have are...

Did you cure your rock first, or was it cured? Or was your tank set up for weeks before adding the cleaning crew?

What was your total price (before livestock)?

How are the clowns doing? We are going to stock with just 4 clowns, with more as the bug bites us and we get a bigger tank.

Thanks for posting this build. Very helpful to me anyways

Brian
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbri View Post

I am going to set up a 29g (hopefully this week or next). Fish only with LR. The q's I have are...

Did you cure your rock first, or was it cured? Or was your tank set up for weeks before adding the cleaning crew?

How are the clowns doing? We are going to stock with just 4 clowns, with more as the bug bites us and we get a bigger tank.

Brian
Don't mean to hi-jack your thread syeve... Brain, Please don't add 4 clowns to a 29G tank... Sooner or later you will only have 2, because the most dominant will kill off the two weakest.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 PM

. Yeah, I got that info from elsewhere since posting here. Definitly 2 clowns, plus I don't know what. Thanks though, and sorry syeve
Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 AM

KennyKen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbri View Post

Brian
Rock was cured for a year, because it came from my tank,
and he got a pretty sweet deal on the setup and the rock, if i do say so myself.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 AM

Oups! I missed these last few posts, sorry guys. No problem on the questions Brian! Any more come up don't hesitate to ask.

Yah, I got it from Ken and it was in amazing shape and color when I got it. Ken gave me a sweet deal on some nice rock for sure. It has done really well and to this day I have had zero issues with the tank, I believe a large part due to the fact that the rock was so well taken care of. Actually, the only issue I have is my nem and my mushrooms are growing to big for the tank

EDIT: I missed one of your questions Brian, the tank with rock, livestock, sand, salt, test equip has been under $1k (around $900 I think). Pretty good considering the new price of a JBJ is around that same price. The only full time filtering I run is a Tunnze skimmer. Other than that I let the rock do all the work.

A few pics!

My weird ass clowns harassing my GSP

Last edited by syeve; 04-06-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:11 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Great shots of the clowns. Can they come to my house and kill off....I mean host in my gsp?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 04-06-2009, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the update Syeve. I have been debating on whether or not to run a skimmer, as I am planning on fish only with LR, but your budget is very encouraging.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 PM

mylesw42 is on a distinguished road
Default Tunze Doc Nano 9002

Hey, I noticed you have this skimmer on your tank. I thought the skimmer cup interferes with closing the hood all the way? Any modifications required?

Thanks,

Myles
Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM

Hey Brian, I would personally run a skimmer. The crap it filters out is stuff I never want to linger in my tank

Hey Myles, I have no prob closing the hood, the problem is opening it. You have to remove the skimmer cup to open it all the way. I only open it to clean the glass so it's really no big deal. If you have a similar tank I would lean towards the tunze, it is a little more money but it is quiet and works very well for a nano skimmer.