Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

Cars (VW's mostly, always had a soft spot for them), snowboarding and well my tanks. Also going to dj shows/concerts.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamarama View Post
I was actually considering putting my lab/border collie in flyball as she has a tennis ball infatuation not sure if she could do it though eep missed my dogs as a hobby have a mini wiener also and we all walk and run at our local offleash park daily
I wish we had an offleash park here for that. Its kind of tough right now too as its like -15 or -20 out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
We've trained a labradoodle, so anything can learn Pretty much any dog can do it!

Id love to do some sort of agility with mine as they all seem to love to run. Problem is everytime I get running around with them I cant help but laugh, then I stumble and fall over laughing and get attacked with tounges in ears and up my nose, its like the worst wet willy ever. They love chasing things, one of them would be fun to watch trying that long jump thing into water. She wouldnt go far but shed go full tilt off the end of a dock if you throw something for her. I really like the agility course too, weaving. Fun stuff. They just have such a low ground clearance, the jumps may be an issue. You have any suggestions for reading or anything that gives a person an idea on how to get started in training them for that or setting up a training path? There smart enough for it, im the one that needs to learn. Thanks.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"
Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Hmmm....

1.) taking guitar lessons with my son
2.) The tank of course!
3.) Remote control trucks, again with the son/daughter
4.) Listening to Music
5.) Camping with family (every weekend over spring/summer/fall, starting with Easter weekend)
6.) Computers/Business

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 12-06-2010, 04:54 PM

Llamarama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
We've trained a labradoodle, so anything can learn Pretty much any dog can do it!
hmm that's great! I just saw someone on kijiji offering lessons so maybe I'll give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum14 View Post
I wish we had an offleash park here for that. Its kind of tough right now too as its like -15 or -20 out.
our offleash park is fantastic other than people not always cleaning up after their dogs it's about 4 km of nice treed trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic111 View Post
For the one that plays Magic, I did that tons around 15years ago, still have my cards, going back to beta edition through to an edition past ice age.
< -- Jealous! I bet your collection is great I just started playing during Zendikar block my brother taught me and I'm really digging it although apparantly a lot of people don't like some of the new rules and quit playing because of them..but that's fair I quit WoW because of stupid expansions

<--- Denny I'm a lady haha but i'm not sure your GF would enjoy any of my hobbies we also build lots of computers and drink copious amounts of beer .... after thinking of all these things I think i need to cut down hobbies...no wonder I never have time for anything...maybe I should just quit working that would free up some time =)
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I work 350 days a year. The other 15 I spend looking at my tank wishing I could see it more.

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:34 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Lets see..building up a 78 malibu+81 lemans, renovating the bottom floor of the house, growing exotic plants, vivarium in the future...chores around the yard...busy,busy,busy..that includes working 6+ days a week at the shop.....
Old 12-07-2010, 09:33 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Who has time for hobbies when you have a reef tank :P

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:10 AM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator

Jeebus where do I start my wife says I have to many hobbies. 7 tanks on the go this is the hobby I mostly do when I'm bored it's turning into work more than hobby. 2 Dogs westie and a yorkie so we do dog things throughout the week. In the summer we camp alot this year not so much only spent 24 nights in the camper but usually around 35-40 nights. When we are camping we are quadding also or fishing or we are at car show. When camper gets put to bed for the winter(oct) the sleds come out sled as much as we can till April then they go to bed quads and camper come out. I used collect die cast 1:18 cars American Muscle I have around 150ish all new in the box, but they are just collecting dust now along with RC race trucks. I am a member of about 6 clubs in and around Edmonton fish, truck, car, snowmobile, quad, dogs, lots of xmas parties this time of year . I moderate on 2 message boards and organize 2 huge club get togethers a year summer one has around 500 people attending huge sponsors for across Canada and the US. The winter one is about 350 people, which these alone take up 1-2 days a week 52 weeks a year. And I maintain 2 houses Ours and my mother in laws yard work, garden, snow removal. In between all this I work 24/7 7 on 7 off

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!