Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2013, 06:44 AM

aquatechy is on a distinguished road

Why you should get an apex:

-Good build quality
-Best rate for dollar/controllable outlet (an energy bar 8 is close to the price of digital aquatic's 4-socket power bar.... hinthinthinthint...)
-Iphone/android app
remote monitoring
-AMAZEBALLLS customer service
-VDM module (built in if you buy pro) - good for controlling tunze pumps, lights, or DIY LEDS
-data logging + graphing
-has I/O breakout to run switches, auto-top off
-can interface with Ecotech Vortech pumps (and radions too,in the future I hear?)
-the APEX has it's own programming language, which is easily mastered. you can use this to design programming. for example, i have a special calcium reactor program, that keeps my calcium reactor pH between 6.4 and 6.6, but also monitors my tank pH to ensure it stays above 7.90. If it goes below 7.90, the reactor is shut off, no matter what.
-email alerts! (the APEX can be programmed to email you when things go awry with your tank)
-sound alarm (the same as email alerts, but this works well if you're at home)
- with the newly released leak detection module, the APEX can also protect your home with some strategically placed water sensors (can monitor floors, carpet, skimmer cup)
-ease of access to parts (J&L, MarineDepot, and Neptune systems are readily accessible to get parts and accessories)