Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 PM

TheMikey is on a distinguished road

Lorenzo, I believe you can get dwarf lionfish (some with the similar colour and pattern as the Volitan) that will do nicely in a well skimmed (messy eaters) 25g.

Fu Manchus and Radiata, though you might want to confirm this with another source.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Fu Manchu's are the shizzy! They don't get too big at all.

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

yep picked him up at RC. Love the guy and I have been thinking about a Fu Manchus but I might hold off and stick with the reef safe stuff. I am more into the coral anyways, the fish just entertain me

this is what my clown does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83YGoMQY3N0

but got rid of the lion and picked up a benji cardinalfish
Old 02-05-2011, 05:28 PM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

Ohhh Benji's. I love mine, its the most depressed looking fish I have. Reminds me of a sad clown. Loves mysis shrimp, and will just sit there and look at flakes float by.. and be like really.. you want me to eat that, when the shrimp comes out, he is the tank bully pushing everyone out of the way for his fill.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:39 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Benji? Or Banggai?
Old 02-05-2011, 05:54 PM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

Shhh... hooked on phonics worked for us!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcivilian View Post
Ohhh Benji's. I love mine, its the most depressed looking fish I have. Reminds me of a sad clown. Loves mysis shrimp, and will just sit there and look at flakes float by.. and be like really.. you want me to eat that, when the shrimp comes out, he is the tank bully pushing everyone out of the way for his fill.
That's exactly how mine is and the reason I feed frozen almost every night. Fussy MOFO! He's quite large and out muscles my Kole tang for the shrimp.

I see a Corky back there...nice! I have some from Greg and it's growing like a weed. I'm looking forward to having enough of it to sway like his.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM

I love my cardinal, cool little angry guy

So the SPS invasion has started. Added a frag (lol personal size frag) of convexa, baby blue mille, purple rim monti cap and some green birdsnest so far. Now I really need to test my PO4 and NO3 cause something is a bit off in this tank. Polyp extension is horriable and lighting and flow are not the issue. But hanna released a NO2 meter so I may look into buying a bunch of those in the future.

Have been looking at running either zeovit or biopellets again. Right now the biopellets are really looking favored due to price and less maintenance. I am also still waiting on my ATO to get here (It should be here friday) so that will determine if its the salitity fluctuation that is causing the issue.

I'm going to do a picture update once everything is re-organized. Moving some LPS over to the 60 tonight
Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Ooh nice, where did you score a blue milli? I need me some blue in my tank.

I found it took at least a week for my newly introduced frags to start displaying good PE. In my case as a new tank I knew it wasn't NO3 or PO4 yet, so I was all worried about not having enough flow and so on. Sort of the opposite of what you were worried about. The PE was there the first day but then not after that. But then it came back with a vengeance after a week. I should show you a picture of the RP you gave me - it's super furry now. So I dunno, could it just be that they haven't fully adapted yet but still might given a couple more days?

Last edited by Delphinus; 02-10-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 PM

Got the blue milli from the 60gal. Just went snip snip. The frag I cut off the convexa should be considered colony size lol. My super grape milli needs to explode a bit more before I chop away. And I am waiting on my red planet to heal more before I go cut some more frags. Letting everyone get theirs before I get my own for the cube. But let me know about baby blue milli tony, could always cut you a frag

See tony this is where I am a bit worried. When I started up this tank at the end of November the rock I used was was dried. All I did was top up the water and when I got home from mexico after the new year I did a water change and than the transfer with as much rock from my previous system and water as well. So even after the transfer I have considered it to be a new system. I just think I need to find an equalibrium in it right now.

Last edited by lorenz0; 02-10-2011 at 10:24 PM.