Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2008, 06:14 AM

fishmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
You know I think the biggest issue with Blue Rings is that everyone knows how dangerous they are and you'll never hear the end of it.

I say this because as Fencer pointed out there are several Paylotha species out that that have the potential to be just as deadly. Having recently experienced palytoxin exposure let me assure you it is not something to be taken lightly. I'm not sure I was in danger of death but I really thought I was at one point. How many people would have given the same response to the OP if he was showing off his new fancy disco light paly rather than asking about an octopus?

Same frag that almost got me is still in my tank btw.

Fishfanactic I have a couple of sources for small octos, several different species. PM me if you like.
I would be very interested in you starting another thread on your palytoxin experience. I've read that some palytoxin's are up there with the most toxic substances known to man! Not common, but who knows which ones are the most toxic? Does anyone know where to find that kind of info? I usually wear gloves & eye protection when fragging zoa's/pally's. I'm sure I could take more precautions as well. Your experience could be valuable to the rest of us to learn from. Sorry for changing the topic a little...
Shaun.