Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-25-2011, 11:24 PM

ScubaGirl is on a distinguished road

Yes, we realize he may need to go to a new home eventually but he's pretty tiny right now. We'll be able to enjoy him for awhile.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:21 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

A very short while as they grow large fast and they are the type of tang that require the most swimming space.

It is not a good idea because you'll get attached to it and will have to sell it. That's why I am selling my hippo tang because I want to do it before I get too attached to it. I also have a 75 gallons reef and my hippo which is not supposed to grow fast, grew 1 inch in 2 months. it's now 3 1/2". Those fish need a lot of food and if they don't get it they will be stunted and difformed and will suffer from HLLE. If they do get the food, they will grow fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaGirl View Post
Yes, we realize he may need to go to a new home eventually but he's pretty tiny right now. We'll be able to enjoy him for awhile.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

I say get the Kole Tang and name him Naesco and keep the pictures coming.

FYI, I have always kept a chalk bass or two and I have never witnessed them being aggressive with anything other than conspecifics or fish that look or are shaped like them.

Last edited by gobytron; 01-26-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:04 AM

Well, we're seriously considering a 150 gallon tank so I'm not going to make any hasty decisions. The tank size may grow as the fish grow, LOL.

The 2 tangs are best of pals now and follow each other around. Pretty cute. Too late, we're already attached to "Junior". I have the Blonde Naso and one of our clowns eating from my hand now too. He's added a real personality to the tank for sure.

I'm really digging the chalk bass for some reason. When we up-grade I'll get one I think.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:00 AM

lol! Hard to avoid falling for those cute naso! Looks like you have a 150 gallons in your future. That's the problem when we buy fish and they have a great personality...we can't avoid getting attached.

Quote:
Too late, we're already attached to "Junior". I have the Blonde Naso and one of our clowns eating from my hand now too. He's added a real personality to the tank for sure.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:17 PM

KevinK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, we're seriously considering a 150 gallon tank so I'm not going to make any hasty decisions. The tank size may grow as the fish grow, LOL.

The 2 tangs are best of pals now and follow each other around. Pretty cute. Too late, we're already attached to "Junior". I have the Blonde Naso and one of our clowns eating from my hand now too. He's added a real personality to the tank for sure.

I'm really digging the chalk bass for some reason. When we up-grade I'll get one I think.
progressive has a killer deal on there 180.
when the $ is there to do it all, if not, if the $ is there to at least get the tank, put it aside for a while.

my 350 is also for sale in a few months (I think at least) but you have to get it out. as we are hoping to move, and from there go for a bigger tank
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 PM

bigger than 350 gallons!?? wow! Hope you will do a tank thread when you strat that monster. What is the price deal on the 180 gallons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
my 350 is also for sale in a few months (I think at least) but you have to get it out. as we are hoping to move, and from there go for a bigger tank
Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM

I think maybe 350 might be a little too ambitious for us this time around. Would LOVE all the action in it though. One day maybe.....

Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
progressive has a killer deal on there 180.
Ya, this is a pretty good deal. Anyone looking for a 180 should look into it.