Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I base it on how the child is acting, usually you can tell when a child is faking sick or not, based on their behaviour.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 PM

Trabby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
I base it on how the child is acting, usually you can tell when a child is faking sick or not, based on their behaviour.
exactly!! Flashing dirty looks and hammering breakfast in 6 minutes doesn't fall into the impending barf criteria.. Lol
Old 12-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I just heard that my cat post (which is basically a 18" square on a 4x4 post probably about 48" tall) had to be removed and hidden.... because my two year old son keeps climbing it, and then dancing on it.

Poor cats.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:09 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I just heard that my cat post (which is basically a 18" square on a 4x4 post probably about 48" tall) had to be removed and hidden.... because my two year old son keeps climbing it, and then dancing on it.

Poor cats.
HAHA, wow that made for a good laugh.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

This is quick summary of what the last few days have been like:

- On Friday, we caught him doing a handstand with a Thomas the Tank Engine in one hand, a ball and his sippy cup in the other hand. He was doing this on the stairs. Halfway up the stairwell. Of course both of us parents are all "BAHHHH!! Sean! No-no! No-no please! Ta-ta!" ... every chance he gets he's doing handstands and more often than not he has stuff in his hands. On the floor is one thing but he's doing it in daredevil places if given the chance. On the sofa (but facing out so if he falls he falls onto the floor). The stairs. The middle of the living floor? Where the danger in that? Noooooo of course not THERE, Dad. Geeez.

- I did manage to get a picture of it when I caught him doing it in the hallway the other day. Only a ball in hand and a Thomas the Tank Engine (I threw it on facebook, I'd link to the pic here but I'm blocked from fb at work these days). Not on a stairwell or sofa mind you (I still have SOME parenting smarts, I'd grab him first and not the camera first if the peril level was that high)

- On Sunday we went to the 4:30 show of Harry Potter and left the kids with the inlaws. By 7pm (Harry Potter movies are long, I keep forgetting - memo to self - next time go pee AGAIN just before the movie starts!!! ... but put the ads and trailers and you're sitting in that theatre close to 3 hours) so yeah by 7pm my cell phone starts going off (I had it on silent and I pretended not to notice that the grandparents were calling). By 7:30 we were at their house and picking the kids up and there was a complete barricade of furniture, "Les Miserable's" style (the scene where the French Revolutionaries had barricaded the road and were singing stuff about honour or stolen loaves of bread or some such.. I forget exactly and I digress but hey the music is beautiful and I cried my eyes out when Jean Valjean dies and goes to heaven in the end but that's really not important right now), anyhow they've got this barricade around the TV and grandpa is all "He keeps going behind the TV and messing with the wires. Oh BTW before you go, can you please fix the glass doors to the VCR cabinet? Sean took those apart too."

- Yesterday Linda has a doctor's appointment, she'd probably kill me if she knew I was saying this so pretend you didn't hear this story, k? Anyhow needs to have her blood pressure monitored regularly so the doctor is all "psh! psh! psh! psh! psh!" with the little blood pressure arm sleeve thingy and meanwhile Sean is all "<click> lights on <click> lights off <click> lights on <click> lights off <click> lights on <click> lights off <click> lights on <click> lights off <click> lights on <click> lights off <click> lights on <click> lights off <click> lights on <click> lights off <click> lights on <click> lights off" in the examination room and both Linda and the doctor are all "Seanny ... no-no! Ta-ta! <finger wag> No-no please!" so he stops with the light switch and runs over to her computer and starts pounding away on the keyboard to which the doctor then shoos him out the door and tells the nurse outside "Oh Rachel! You have a visitor" slams the door shut and says to Linda "You must have a very busy home life."

- My parents didn't want to believe me when I said he's unusually strong for a 2 year old and that I was just being funny when I call him "Bam Bam." Until one day it took 3 grown adults to pry him off something.. forget what it was, it was probably one of the cats. The poor cats are being loved to death by both kids. My Mom says to me in her Swedish/Dutch/Spanish accent (despite that I am born in Calgary and lived here all my life, my whole family including my brothers and sister all got to live in other places like Holland and Venezuela and Sweden and Indonesia. Oh yeah, I love Calgary's dryness and lack of beaches and palm trees and coral reefs because it must have been just HORRIBLE for them to have all those things nearby and thus decide to settle on Calgary and have one more kid after that. I'm not bitter. But I digress.) Anyhow, my parents have accents that are hard to define. Maybe this was an unimportant detail to my story. Anyhow my mom says to me "Vow. He reely ees der BAM BAM! Ja ja!! For shoor!"

... It's an adventure.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:50 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Haha, after reading that it makes me want to get some radiation treatment in a certain area so I can try real hard with the wife but never succeed.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Haha, after reading that it makes me want to get some radiation treatment in a certain area so I can try real hard with the wife but never succeed.
A good friend of mine is a hardcore cyclist and he just found out he's going to be a dad. I think you're onto something with the radiation as the crotch-killer-seat-trick isn't what it used to be =)
Old 12-02-2010, 12:46 AM

R.I.P. "Big Bertha"

I am NOT HAPPY right now.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:37 AM

ALBERTA REEF is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ALBERTA REEF

I have been pondering this saying for years now. God helps those that helps them selfs. Here is the rubb. So my understanding is God helps thief's and crooks. They are always helping them selfs.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

I think im getting to old for mosh pits