Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 08-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Good chance I may be there one day, just not this year.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:16 PM

2pts is on a distinguished road

K I'm dense, I thought it was yesterday and my companies golf tourney was yesterday.

My wife and I are gonna pop in if that's ok?

We are new to the hobby so we will just be looking to buy / meet people.

Later, Shawn.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:29 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I was going to come, but due to having to work at 3 timeing isn't going to work. to bad you wernt going to 2:30 instead of 1

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:38 PM

reef bound is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the frags everyone.
A decent turnout for Kamloops I think. Thank you for hosting Larry. And to Bill, I think it was you who put the idea out there for a swap? Thanks as well.
Nice to meet everyone (some again), and put more faces to names. Also nice to see out- of- towners
Old 08-29-2010, 11:46 PM
bvlester

you should have stay awhile longer as a few more people came by and the normal late commers. But that is OK as everyone enjoyed them selves. The idea was bounced around to have one in the spring.

Bill
Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef bound View Post
Thanks for the frags everyone.
A decent turnout for Kamloops I think. Thank you for hosting Larry. And to Bill, I think it was you who put the idea out there for a swap? Thanks as well.
Nice to meet everyone (some again), and put more faces to names. Also nice to see out- of- towners
I'd like to second the motion. Thanks to Bill for the regular reminders to keep us informed and Larry, well holy cow, gracious host of the event and his fish room in the basement.... I haven't seen that many, admittedly, but that set up is pro all the way. The only one I've seen that's more elaborate is J&L in the big V. My LFS marine offerings pale in comparison. I was going to peek at his electrical meter on the way out, but forgot to. I'm sure he's got an underground power plant going there somewhere to run all the stuff. Thanks again to Wolf and Bill for their generosity, frags, fish and otherwise. It was nice to see the odd bit of hardware available as well.

I didn't think I left that early, (after 13:00)... what/who did I miss? Look forward to the next one, if only to have another ogle at Larry's setup, if he's generous enough to host the next one that is.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:46 AM
bvlester

2pts (shawn) and his wife were here they are from Vernon also you should go for coffee withthem and a few others that are in Vernon.

Bill
Old 08-30-2010, 04:40 AM

dnpbryan is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Hello and thanks to everyone that I met. That was a real good time and nice to meet nice people with the same interest. All the corals are doing excellent. infact when i opened the box at home most of them were waiting for food with mouths open.

To the host, WOW , what an amazing show of prestine husbandry and dedication to the hobby both salt and fresh. Hard to describe to others just how amazing that was. Thank you again.

DJ
Old 08-30-2010, 04:50 AM

2pts is on a distinguished road

As newbies, that was absolutely awesome to meet you all and tap into your knowledge.

The frags we bought and were given look really good.

Thank you Larry, my wife showed our girls the video of the clowns and they were just in absolute aww.

It was cool to talk to other people who are so passionate about this hobby. It's funny when I start talking about my tank to someone who doesn't share the addiction. I hear this little voice saying "OK Shawn, shorten up the conversation", but I just cant, so I end up sounding like a total addict
Old 08-30-2010, 06:37 AM
bvlester

I think any reefer can say the same thing we all get on topic about tanks and corals and fish. The next thing you know 3 hours have gone by and there is always someone in the back ground saying I thought that you said you would be only 15 minutes.....
The natural answer is I just can not help it or I did not notice the time go by.
I think one of these frag swaps should be a frag and equipment swap, I think spring is good for that. The other should be a BBQ lunch kind of thing pot luck or some thing. Some people bring Hot dogs some smokies some hamburgers some potato salad ect....
Go to a park that would have to be in the summer thought.

Anyways it was great to have you guys out, as I said lots of out of towner's. I believe we will have more as this was a success, hope there will be more people next time and I know there will be more veriety. I hope to bring back some nice frags from Van between now and then...

Bill