Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2016, 02:29 PM

Metrontech is on a distinguished road
Default ICH! Need some assistance

Ok. Going to start a war, I know. But I need some clarity on this subject for those who have gone down this road before. I haven't QT my fish (save the drama and don't blast me). Some of the fish get small white spots and then it drops off, but my brown powder tang is full of the spots today. They all eat fine and are otherwise from a distance normal acting fish. There are so many opinions out there about Copper, Hypo Salinity etc. - I don't think I can catch these fish without destroying my reef. I have a QT tank and all the necessary equipment. What is my best option for success? I was hoping I could remove the fish and treat them with Hypo Salinity in the QT and then leave my tank with the coral in there for 2 months (fishless) to kill the cycle. Meanwhile the fish are being treated for same amount of time...Anyone want to chime in? Not looking for arguments or what you have read on Google...but give me your experience and what has worked for you. Lastly, there is an opinion that Ich is always there, so just ignore it. Its like the common cold...thanks for the input ahead of time and I appreciate anyone taking the time...