Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-22-2009, 04:47 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bali, Indonesia

Can anyone recommend dive spots?

We will be there for at least a few weeks next month and have no idea where to dive yet. Doesn't just have to Bali, anywhere between Singapore and Bali really.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:21 AM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road

http://bastianos.com/
this was some of the best diving I have done.
very very reasonable for what you get.
awesome friendly staff.
not 5 star accomodations but decent.
no hot water or cable tv...
but the ocean is at the foot of your cable and the reef is a 150 foot swim away.
if you have any more questions feel free to contact me.
Neal
Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy20012002 View Post
http://bastianos.com/
this was some of the best diving I have done.
very very reasonable for what you get.
awesome friendly staff.
not 5 star accomodations but decent.
no hot water or cable tv...
but the ocean is at the foot of your cable and the reef is a 150 foot swim away.
if you have any more questions feel free to contact me.
Neal
Awesome, thanks!

We don't need/care about 5 star really. I actually prefer not to stay in fancy places although I guess my fiance kind of does. She would probably be down for something like this though!
TV is pretty low on the list for these trips

Did you go anywhere else in the area you can recommend. I may be down in the area for about a month or two. My father lives in Singapore, so that's our base and then we go wherever from there. Last time we spend all our time in the Philippines which was very nice but the reefs we dove were not so great. Before that was Australia which was really nice but there had been storms before 4 of our 6 dives which kind of ruined a few of them.

Since then we have only dove Mexico which leave a lot to be desired, so we are really looking forward to this!

Any pictures from your trip?
Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 AM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road

thailand has incredible diving as well.
there are some awesome liveaboard packages in thailand that I would highly recommend.
I will see if I can find some pics of indonesia...my ex girlfriend had the camera and I don't know if she left any on the computer.
btw, Bali was horrible for diving around the city itself in comparison to bastianos
definite recommend staying away from there.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:17 PM

Aquatic Addictions is on a distinguished road

Not sure where all the spots are I went diving but Kuta (I think lol) Beach was amazing and the shopping was cool. Stayed at the 5 star Hard Rock Cafe which is only 100 bucks a night!! ( I think I went around this time last year ....) Just dont go to Pizza Hut and ask for the meatlovers pizza....Hotdogs ARE NOT A MEAT THAT SHOULD BE ON PIZZA.

The best part of this is Bali borders two oceans ( or more? lol) Kuta is on the Indian Ocean side. You dont see too much of the building that was blown up by terrorists as it is almost rebuilt.

Love the place and will go again
Old 04-22-2009, 04:40 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I hate you all. Err, I mean, what a great sounding trip, have lots of fun!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I hate you all. Err, I mean, what a great sounding trip, have lots of fun!
LOL...well I don't have kids or debt (other than a small mortgage) so it's easy for me and my better half to get away. We are both lucky to have good jobs that are very flexible and allow us to take off anytime really.

We have made it a point to go away twice a year before we have kids. Once a year is always Mexico or Florida and the other is somewhere in the South Pacific. Although Florida is NOT a vacation since I lived there and it just turns into a big family visit with relatives who...well I won't get into that!

Tony if you want, you can make your way over to Van-city and I can try to put you in my suitcase. I don't know though, it's a long trip and I can't be responsible for loosing you.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic Addictions View Post
Not sure where all the spots are I went diving but Kuta (I think lol) Beach was amazing and the shopping was cool. Stayed at the 5 star Hard Rock Cafe which is only 100 bucks a night!! ( I think I went around this time last year ....) Just dont go to Pizza Hut and ask for the meatlovers pizza....Hotdogs ARE NOT A MEAT THAT SHOULD BE ON PIZZA.

The best part of this is Bali borders two oceans ( or more? lol) Kuta is on the Indian Ocean side. You dont see too much of the building that was blown up by terrorists as it is almost rebuilt.

Love the place and will go again
Thanks! I will look these places up and remember NOT to eat at Pizza Hut!

I was checking out hotels last night and man they are super cheap.

The really crazy thing is that from Singapore, my dad goes to Bali for weekends all the time and apparently airfare is about $25-50 and then the place he stays at is on the water and about $40 a night. Must be nice!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Alberta-newb is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to hearing how your trip goes. My daughter and I are planning our trip for Jan. 2010. We will be seeing Malaysia again, but this time we will also be visiting Bali, Cambodia and Thailand.

After seeing live fish offered for sale in the markets I've always dreamed of exporting some nice marines back here. Have you ever looked into this?

Francis
Old 04-24-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta-newb View Post
Looking forward to hearing how your trip goes. My daughter and I are planning our trip for Jan. 2010. We will be seeing Malaysia again, but this time we will also be visiting Bali, Cambodia and Thailand.

After seeing live fish offered for sale in the markets I've always dreamed of exporting some nice marines back here. Have you ever looked into this?

Francis
I will let you know how it goes for sure and obviously lots of pictures.

I have been to Thailand already and it was awesome. Didn't dive though. We have been looking into Cambodia too actually. My step mother was just there and said it was really great. She was also just in Vietnam and again, really nice and fun.

I may end up staying in Singapore for up to 2-3 months, so then I would travel the area little more.

I have never looked into bringing fish back but apparently you can do it with little trouble as long as its just for 'personal use'. My dad tells me all the time about all the fish he sees in markets that are being sold for food that are same species we keep in our tanks.