Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-30-2008, 11:43 PM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL
Default Pictures... Who's worse - you or your S.O.?

So I'm in trouble at the moment... Someone help me out; tell me I'm not alone...

Is anyone else really anal about hanging pictures 'just right' - ie having them at matching elevations; with 'correct' spacing depending on where they are etc?

My wife walks around with a hammer and nail, slaps it in, says "that's good" and I'm 20 minutes per picture getting it just right... I think she's nuts, she thinks I'm nuts (ok so we know she's right). She's really upset because I just redid a few of the ones she hung
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

I'm with you. I have to measure everything and space it all just right and at the same levels. My husband is like your wife. So needless to say he does not get to hang any pictures
Old 11-30-2008, 11:59 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I don't measure, but I'll move a picture around about 4-5 times in order to make sure it looks just right.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I agree with your wife. level and exact is the old prude way, the more modern way is to have various sizes in various locations like a collage..

I like it as it is more simple to hang pictures now

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:04 AM

Purple is on a distinguished road

I hang the picturess because hubby is always busy with his other love....his aquarium. I hang a pic and if it doesn't look right I hang it again. What's a few extra holes in the wall.......the picture usually hides them.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

We are both anal about hanging pics. I, the husband do not want more than one hole in the wall. So I bought a stud finder (electronic). However, the wife has the say as to where they are hung. And she has to have them perfectly level and spaced. The elevations are always correct. You can always lengthen/shorten the hanging "wire"
Old 12-01-2008, 03:43 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

I do like my pictures level, as for perfectly spaced I'm not that picky. I also have a stud finder with a laser level so that helps out.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 AM

Ok, so maybe I take it to extremes... I wish all our pictures had similar mounting hardware and sizing spent an hour with the two "matching" frames over the mantle, one just somehow kept ending up an 1/8" low (sitting here on the couch its driving me nuts - bottom of the 'low' one looks higher )

We wont get into the toys I have to mount... Today's pile of tools was a line style laser level (self leveling - dewalt DW087K), a hilti laser plumb (PMP-34), Didn't need a stud finder all little stuff today... also had the 6' and 2' levels out... May have had the hilti laser tape and 2 regular tapes out.

I never want to move again... Much nicer place, but all this picture hanging is going to drive me mental
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

You know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I moved as well. It will all be over soon.
I like your collection of tools already
Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 PM

Yeah, it's nice to have a good collection of work tools at your disposal...

Now I just need a couple sharks with friggin lasers on their heads man!