Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-04-2013, 03:44 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default The game...

Had breakfast with 7 friends this morning and we have a rule all electronic devices go on the table silenced and first person to touch during the time at the table pays for everything if nobody touches we all pay individually.

So 2 IPads, 1 Tablet, 9 smart phones, 2 iPods and 1 laptop were piled In The centre of the table and the game began. Almost all the smart phones were put on vibrate and it was entertaining to see them vibrate all over the laptop and iPads and it was killing all 4 women and 1 guy at the table that they couldn't answer the phone. About half way through the meal 2 of the women broke down nearly simultaneously and they both shared the breakfast bill.

Total for each for breaking the rule was $41.31 each. The other rule is when we are together order lots the bigger the bill the less the temptation to answer but apparently the call to answer was too strong.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:56 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

i love that game!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:13 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Hate that game. Loathe it so very very much.

Some "genius" always decides that we're all going to play the game. And by decide I mean force. However they fail to realize that you can't play games with your electronic work leash. I always end up paying for the meal because I can't not pick up my phone or I could be fired.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

OMG that's a great game. Gotta try it some time. Shared it with my parents & they think its hilarious too. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:22 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Personally, it really doesn't bother me if friends text on their phones while at the table. So long as they are somewhat discrete (ie, not having a loud conversation on their phones), I don't see what the big deal is? If there is something more interesting going on on their phones than having a conversation with their friends at the table then so be it. If they don't want to listen to what people at the table have to say and are fine with missing out on a joke or important information from a friend then that's their prerogative. Some friends are really good at multitasking and some friends just simply don't care what I'm saying at that point in time. Even if they didn't have their phone they probably still wouldn't care what I was saying but would be forced to pretend to care Whatever :-) Don't see why we need to treat them like children by forcing them to hand over their electronics
Old 09-04-2013, 04:23 PM
No Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Hate that game. Loathe it so very very much.

Some "genius" always decides that we're all going to play the game. And by decide I mean force. However they fail to realize that you can't play games with your electronic work leash. I always end up paying for the meal because I can't not pick up my phone or I could be fired.

Nobody in my group of friends is forced to play they are free to opt out and pay individually but thus far everybody likes it and we don't meet that often and group size varies last time we were together it was 3 of us and that was 4 months ago. We don't believe in forcing anybody to play its a choice and at one point or another we all have opted out.

And I am the oldest in the group at 44 the youngest 17(she is only required to pay for the beverages) and a total of 11 of us play the game and it is entertaining when we go to a restaurant to watch people stare at us while we pile all of our electronic devices on the table and wonder WTF we are doing.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:31 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Nobody in my group of friends is forced to play
oh, well, if it's just an optional game then that sounds a little more reasonable to me. When you said "we have a rule", I thought you meant everyone was FORCED to hand over their toys
Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Key to that game is a blue tooth ear piece that is voice activated. You never have to touch your phone at all, mine tells me who is calling and asks if I want to answer or ignore.

Stay clear..... this Bear bites off limbs!!

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 09-04-2013, 06:56 PM
No Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
oh, well, if it's just an optional game then that sounds a little more reasonable to me. When you said "we have a rule", I thought you meant everyone was FORCED to hand over their toys
We are flexible on the rules the only one that is hard and fast is alcoholic beverages most of us me included don't drink alcohol but some do and it is very easy to rack up a large bill in a short amount of time so whoever drinks is responsible for their own bar tab.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:17 PM

toytech is on a distinguished road

No one ever calls me on my flip phone so I would win every time !