Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2013, 01:14 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
Tank is 46 gallons. 1 of them was bought about 8 months ago and then the other 2 were picked up about 4 months ago. The 2 more recent additions stay very close to each other and the third seems like a 3rd wheel. Damage from fins could be from fighting i guess, though I've never seen any aggressive behavior by any of them. I was mainly concerned about a disease that I should be worried about. The Glass Cardinals at j+l show the same random fin damage as mine, maybe just how they are

Just watched a YouTube video of a Banggai make holding eggs in its mouth, it looks just like that!
Could you take a pic? Maybe there is a pair and they are breeding. There is often a small amount of fin damage with a breeding pair. It doesn't sound like a disease to me.

Quote:
If there wasn't a Scribbled Rabbitfish in the the tank then babies would probably survive for a little more than 10 seconds, but he's a pig and eats everything including poop...
The Scribbled Rabbitfish is a poor choice for a 46-gallon aquarium. This fish gets to be 9-11" and most Rabbitfish grow fairly quickly. This fish needs to be in a tank 4x the size of yours. How big is it now?

SPS fanatic.