Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM

JPotter is on a distinguished road
Default How do others get a reply from wicked frags???

I did pick up the frags from the auction...they had a very circuitous route to my tank.

I have been trying to get a reply from wicked frags..PM and email..but no reply. Is it common for him not to respond for weeks?

I have been promised photos of frags..they have never come.

I still have a free shipment and will need to choose pieces for that.

One of the corals does not look anything like what was posted in the pre auction photos.

One coral is losing tissue from the tips back (other frags in that tank continue to look happy).

If anyone else is looking to purchase from wicked frags and shipping to Vancouver let me know as I will not be filling the "free" shipping box.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

It is a shame to hear this.

SPS fanatic.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:51 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPotter View Post
I did pick up the frags from the auction...they had a very circuitous route to my tank.

I have been trying to get a reply from wicked frags..PM and email..but no reply. Is it common for him not to respond for weeks?

I have been promised photos of frags..they have never come.

I still have a free shipment and will need to choose pieces for that.

One of the corals does not look anything like what was posted in the pre auction photos.

One coral is losing tissue from the tips back (other frags in that tank continue to look happy).

If anyone else is looking to purchase from wicked frags and shipping to Vancouver let me know as I will not be filling the "free" shipping box.
dont worry, daves watching!
i have a WF coupon for 36$ that i will sell for $18.00
Old 11-13-2009, 06:13 AM

He may be watching but he certainly doesn't seem to be replying
Old 11-13-2009, 07:05 AM

A response from dave would be great. No one is perfect all the time..I think we all acknowledge that.

I do have a real problem with someone who presents themselves as a "vendor" on a forum and who presents themselves as a "business" on their website but who does not respond to a currently dissatisfied customer...most honest vendors try hard to compensate for mistakes and inconveniences to customer.

The auction stated it included shipment of corals to your door..that did not happen. I personally have been told photos would be coming of other corals to choose from for free shipment..that did not happen. I have had questions re the corals that did end up at my home via another person but I have had no replies.

Early on in this process I contacted a canreef "staff" person re protocols in such a situation but I got no reply.

Vendors listed in this forum not only represent themselves but they represent the entire forum including all other listed vendors. To lose confidence in one vendor puts a shadow of distrust on all other listed vendors and private vendors on this forum. I do not understand why moderators do not become involved and investigate when such situations arise.

From PMs I have received it seems I am not the only Canreef member who has had less than a stellar experience with wicked frags. If each individual simply thinks poor silly me I must have been a fool I simply will never deal with that vendor again it doesn't resolve their situation and it doesn't inform others who are unaware of the potential pitfalls they may heading into and it negatively impacts other vendors as if one feels burned by one you are unlikely to have confidence in others either.

Most experienced, genuine, honest vendors try very hard to correct problems and make up for mistakes and inconveniences. This has not been my experience to date with wicked frags. At this point I am losing faith that Dave will pull through and resolve this issue.

It doesn't really matter if Dave reads this and other posts about this adventure...what does matter is that many other reefers read it so they can avoid a similar situation.

Last edited by Aquattro; 11-17-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:31 AM

KPG007 is on a distinguished road

It's a shame, Dave has some very nice corals. But, it seams, his priorities and attention seem to have moved away from his business.
I guess he's only interested when he can start arguements with other Vendors.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:10 AM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Maybe he has buddied up with Fragalot and is taking some pointers on buisness ethics and how to handle upset customers :P
Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 AM

kat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kat

Not to help Dave save face or anything, but he has stated many times before that this isn't a "business" for him, these are his own corals that he frags due to growth and has often wondered why he became a sponsor at all...with all of this in consideration, perhaps choosing who we buy from is just as important as the pieces we buy.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

This is so sad, just because they are a vendor does not make them or anyone for that matter honest.

It is sad for the few on here that have wonderful service and truly care about you the customer and the stuff they ship.

Really, I think people are afraid to complain
Old 11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat View Post
Not to help Dave save face or anything, but he has stated many times before that this isn't a "business" for him
Yeah I thought that him saying that was fairly silly. I mean when you have a website listing product prices, a vendor's forum, and you're upset with even one bad bit of feedback...you're taking this seriously. For a person on Canreef to perceive him as anything but a business wouldn't even make sense.

He's got some amazing frags for sale and I hope he someone turns this and things in general around.