Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Hummmm did someone say phallic? Heading over to the other tank journal now
Old 04-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

Just some quick updated shots of this tank. Not much has changed over the last month. I have three peppermint shrimp in this tank. They only come out at night. Two males and one female heavy with eggs right now.
Both bengaii cardinals are still in this tank, and the smaller one is not being picked on as much as before and so is able to eat more and is looking better.
Big Momma and Jigsaw are displaying more and more breeding behavior every week and they have been looking for a more suitable area attempt to lay a nest.

Also, here are some sps polyps shots. Which one do you like the best?

Current Front Tank shote 04-18-2011
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 PM

Been a long time since I updated so I thought I would give a quick one.

Tank is still going strong. I have no more room for new corals because I am out of space. I have purchased a used 75g, I just need to reseal the black trim onto the top of it and then save up more to set it up.

Xenia is growing everywhere, the sps are still doing well. Growing slower since I have let the tank balance itsself.
The only fish I have lost is the blue devil damsel, really no loss as she was a b**ch to any new fish added.

Clowns are continuing to lay, the sebae has gotten larger. RBTA has split, etc etc.
I added a couple new corals in Aug down at the bottom of the tank for now until the transfer. I have a monti Setosa, Ponape Birdsnest (so nice with yellow, green blue polyps and purple tips), and a purple monti cap. Really, other than fish, I don't want too many new corals.

So here are some pics. nothing great, as the front glass is starting to get the nasty film back on it that doesn't easily scrape off, so it was harder also to photograph some areas on an angle because of that.

setosa: These are really slow growers...

Ponape

Clown in Sebae

Newest nest of clowneggs.

fts
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 12-24-2011, 04:59 AM

Just a couple more pics.. mostly of my new addition. A 2nd McCoskers flasher wrasse.

I find it rather interesting how much these guys loose color if they are the only ones in the tank with themselves and they grow larger. The new guy, a much smaller juvenile is very bright and eats like a piggy.

the old guy (I still have him in this tank)

Then some pics of my clowns Big Momma and Jigsaw and then of the larger Male Bengaii, Monster and Sam the Blenny

Then here is my Sebae anemone and Jigsaw. The sebae has decided it wants to go through a growth spurt. Mostly this is due to the fact that Jigsaw is now feeding it left over flake food he catches when he has had his fill.