Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2014, 03:39 AM

byee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
imo the apex is the only controller that will do all that, have a good price point and is user friendly

the only one thing that will be tricky to do is the pwm dimming as the apex only has analogue dimming

the only solution to this that ive found is there are analogue to pwm converters on the market through a couple of the online "diy" led stores that are capable of running 4 channels

as far as the leak detection apex has 2 models of a leak detection probe although it is quite easy to diy one using a io breakout box (someone on here made a probe with a couple nails and a paper towel)

also the io breakout box will double as a means to make your own ato

the programming for the apex is quite simple as well, after skimming over the manual i pretty much figured out how to do anything i want with it.

the reefkeeper controller i find is useless for anything other than temperature control and turning lights on and off
spit.fire,

I think it was Vancouver Reefer who used a nail and paper napkin as a leak detector.

I also heard the you can make your own breakout box an easy DIY project without having the need to buy one.