Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-18-2014, 04:04 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Lol all I could find sorry guys.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
My interpretation of that thread is it works for red bugs. I can't see it working,as the kill mechanism is targeted to crustaceans. No shell, no dead. I can test it if I get another affected colony, I probably have some Interceptor lying around. But I'd have to see it to believe it.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:13 AM

Well I would be quite interested to see an actual test done. I do have a hard time finding much that really backs this up. But I could have sworn i read lots of info backing this up before or I don't know why I would have used it or why another member would have told me they had success with it as well? And if it doesn't work do you have an explanation of why my tank no longer has any? Other than Interceptor I haven't added anything. And they are gone so it had to of worked?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:16 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

The guy claimed to also have red bug, hence the interceptor.
Just like flatworms most dips don't kill redbug
Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 AM

Still waiting for an explanation as to why it worked for me then? Also waiting for other members on here who have had success with it to chime in lol.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:19 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

I've read lots of info about interceptor killing redbugs , but never once read people using it to treat AEFW. Interceptor is a very effective treatment to use against red bugs and easy to use. I think if Interceptor worked to kill AEFW then people would not be so terrified about AEFW because it would be an easy fix to just use interceptor. Maybe you had red bugs too Nick and that's why your sps seem a lot happier? Not sure what to think
Old 05-18-2014, 05:49 AM

Yea im not really sure either, iv been looking into this all night and there is only a few small posts claiming success with this. Jess after you questioned wether or not i had aefw or red bugs it made me wonder myself. I was only told they were AEFW but someone else but never really verified what they were. I could be completely wrong all together now. Here are some pics. What do you guys think?? If they are red bugs then sorry for the inaccurate info. I just tried comparing pics of the two and im starting to think maybe i was misinformed. sorry guys

Old 05-18-2014, 05:55 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

That looks like some type of flatworm, but not quite the acro eaters. You can't see them at all on the coral, only after they fall off.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:58 AM

Thats the thing, I couldnt see them at all i just saw thewhite spots. I broke one off and dipped it and what you see in the pics is what fell off. When I dosed interceptor i watched closely and after time saw them start to move on the sps before falling off.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Gold Member

One_Divided is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to One_Divided

I recently tried a heavy dose of interceptor on all my monitpora sp. I had brown/black copepods and a species of montipora flatworms (these didn't seem to eat montipora, just live on it).. Anyways.. This was a 48 hr quarantined treatment (in order to starve any remaining fauna in the main tank). Interceptor did NOT kill the flatworms after the entire 48 hrs. Bugs died within a couple hours. So my point is: interceptor doesn't kill those flatworms, so I doubt it will kill AEFW's. I gave all pieces a heavy dose of RPS before adding back to the tank and haven't seen anything come back, but I think the AEFW's eggs are pretty resilient compared to these sissies.