Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-06-2010, 05:09 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Shutter Island = One of the worst movies ever!

Just thought I'd save people from the horribleness I sat through watching Shutter Island at the movie theater last night. I have to say I saw at least 7 people walk out half way through the movie, and I wish I was one of them. The acting was ok but the music was awful and the plot was boring and it felt more like sitting through a long documentary of a person in an insane asylum, then watching what I thought was going to be a creepy but cool horror movie. In fact I'm sure a documentary of a person in an insane asylum would of been more interesting and entertaining to watch, because honestly the movie was really that bad It wasn't just me either, I overheard many of the people (as the exited the theater) talk about what a terrible movie that was.

I just thought I'd share my opinion and try to save others from the pain of sitting through such a bad movie. Needless to say I wish someone who saw it would of warned me.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:41 PM

freerider is on a distinguished road

i agree, should have called it shitter island
Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 PM

Diana is on a distinguished road

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I originally didnt care to see it, then I thought the trailer looked cool, so we were going to go to it. Now we wont bother. bah!

Alice in wonderland.... here we come

Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I originally didnt care to see it, then I thought the trailer looked cool, so we were going to go to it. Now we wont bother. bah!

Alice in wonderland.... here we come
You're welcome, I'm soooooooo wishing we saw Alice in wonderland (or anything else really) instead. It still really ticks me off that the trailer for this movie looked so cool, when the movie itself has almost nothing to do with what looks cool in the trailer
Old 03-07-2010, 01:31 AM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator

Wowsers thanks for the heads up I was going to download it later guess I'll DL something else

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murminator View Post
Wowsers thanks for the heads up I was going to download it later guess I'll DL something else
At least if you did that you wouldn't have the embarrassment of actually paying for it! Also it's much easier to turn it off that way instead of holding out hope while you're sitting in the theater that it's got to get better. But yes doing just about anything else would be better, unless you're really really really bored or you're having trouble sleeping.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

See, I've been told Shutter Island was a awesome movie. I guess it's all what you like and who you talk to...

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 AM

o.c.d. is on a distinguished road

I always check the tomato meter at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1198124-shutter_island/ It sounds like it's not a bust but I'm easily amused and horror and thrillers are my fav. I'll give it a chance.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.c.d. View Post
I always check the tomato meter at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1198124-shutter_island/ It sounds like it's not a bust but I'm easily amused and horror and thrillers are my fav. I'll give it a chance.
These two comments from that rotten tomatoes site pretty much sums it up for me "It comes on strong, but in its bloody heart of hearts it’s no more resonant than one of those old Vincent Price-Edgar Allan Poe contraptions – and less entertaining, too." and "The film's audio-video barrage ultimately just puffs up corny B-movie material to the point of distension." I also love horror thriller movies and honestly if I went to the movie thinking it was going to be more like a documentary then a horror thriller then I may have enjoyed it more. However the music is very much like a corny B-movie, which when the movie is trying to be serious it's a bit of a turn off.