Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-08-2007, 07:25 PM

Quagmire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
ANd in reality, if you get tazered, you musta been doing something wrong and if it wasnt fro tazers, what the cops got? 7mm??
Thats not always true.I would like to think for the most part cops are decent people,but like any other job,there are fascists and control freaks who will over extend their authority at the slightest provocation.These people need a closer look at.The Tazer its self is just a tool,but in the wrong hands it becomes a weapon,just as other non-lethal devices such as a baton or can of pepper spray can also become weapons.Yet we seldom hear about deaths occurring from batons or pepper spray.50,000 volts is a hell of a kick,and I also feel we need to look closer at the effects from this,not just on healthy men and women,but on a wide spectrum including health and age variables.On the other hand,some of the people in the videos I've seen being Tazered,were complete idiots,mouthy,belligerent, swearing at the cop.But not violent,not being physically aggressive,then wham out comes the Tazer and zap.I'm sure it would have been more satisfying to take out the baton and beat the living crap out of him ala Rodney King but we all know what happened after that one.So it leaves the question.Do cops have the right to Tazer someone who although are verbally aggressive,aren't being physically aggressive.