Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

i find this topic interesting. personally id just let them walk in

on a side note i do calls for our local police service and this summer had a call to open a homefor them. suspected death. sure enough when i opened the home the owner had passed away. but by opening the door we had set off the alarm. i offered to disable the alarm for the police. they said it as fine it wasnt a crime scene. so i proceed to the basement to disconnect and in my search of the alarm panel i found a grow op. 13 plants and 2 24" (i think giesmann)mh fixtures. so now the homewas a crime scene lol.

an officer went to check it out and returned asking if i wanted a tomato plant to take home. respectfully i declined but offered to rehome the lighting.

all i can say being a locksmith can be interesting.

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 11-24-2010, 06:28 AM

shrimpchips is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
an officer went to check it out and returned asking if i wanted a tomato plant to take home. respectfully i declined but offered to rehome the lighting.
Are you sure it was a tomato plant?
Old 11-24-2010, 06:32 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpchips View Post
Are you sure it was a tomato plant?
oh yes it was a fruitless tomato plant...

burn after readng lol

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 11-24-2010, 07:02 AM

FitoPharmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Don't they require a warrant to enter your home?
Barry Cooper knows whats best. As a former top narcotics agent, Barry suggests that if you have nothing to hide, or have your 'stash' hidden very well, you should often let the police search you/ your car/ your home. In 95% of instances if you allow a search, they will do a small look over or light search. However, refusing to be searched, EVEN IF YOU ARE COMPLETELY INNOCENT, is often a instant red flag for officers to prolong your interview as long as possible to hopefully in that time determine reasonable suspicion to do a search to the full extent of the law. This is not always the case, but it is obvious that refusing to search can sometimes be much worse the a search. Sadly every day Canada becomes a little more guilty until proven innocent.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
Having been around a few grow ops over the years as a firefighter, (they start a lot of fires), I can say with some certainty that if the cops show up at your door to "check for a grow op", they don't really suspect it is and are just following up on a complaint.

When it is a real grow op, they do not enter the property until they have secured all warrants to ensure the case is not tossed on a technicality. They will use the fact that we have seen whatever it is that indicates it is a grow op to secure those warrants. Many times when we show up for the fire, the cops are right there to advise us that the property is a probable grow op so that we can take precautions in dealing with the situation. They all ready know about it, but are still gathering evidence to make the bust. If your running a grow op and your worried about being busted, be more wary of the firefighters, we have greater authority to enter a property under emergency circumstances than the cops do. We can even make them stay out
for ya

Firefighter clip