Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road
Default Any women wearing this thing?

Natural Health and Longevity Resource Center

Bras and Breast Cancer
by Ralph L. Reed, Ph.D.
Although I am an environmental chemist (Ph.D in biochemistry), I have been doing a lot of literature research on breast cancer since I saw an article on the National Library of Medicine database over a year ago. That article documented an increase in breast cancer rates between women who do wear bras versus those that do not.

That Harvard study fascinated me and I searched the medical literature for possible explanations. In January 1996, I discovered the book by Singer and Grismaijer and their explanation of impaired lymphatic flow intrigued me. I have since read everything that I can find on lymphatic flow. What I have found has amazed me, but that is another story. I can supply you with lots of info if you like. In essence, what Singer and Grismaijer found was that the odds of getting breast cancer dramatically increased with bra-wearing over 12 hours per day.

Women who wore their bras 24 hours per day had a 3 out of 4 chance of developing breast cancer (in their study, n=2056 for the cancer group and n=2674 for the standard group).

Women who wore bras more than 12 hour per day but not to bed had a 1 out of 7 risk.

Women who wore their bras less than 12 hours per day had a 1 out of 152 risk.

Women who wore bras rarely or never had a 1 out of 168 chance of getting breast cancer. The overall difference between 24 hour wearing and not at all was a 125-fold difference.
http://www.all-natural.com/bras.html

~~~
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1930858051/ctoc

Chek THIS one out !
http://www.selfstudycenter.org/damaginglifestyles.htm
Breast disease is only a problem in cultures where women wear bras. Western culture has come to accept bra wearing as normal, and therefore it has been unquestioned as a possible health hazard
~~~
Sydney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer are a husband-and-wife research team dedicated to uncovering the lifestyle causes of disease. Medical anthropologists and co-authors of, Dressed To Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras (Avery, 1995), "Get It UP!", "Get It OFF!" and "Get It OUT!" (ISCD Press, 2001), this dynamic duo is known worldwide for their willingness to stand up to the profit-oriented, treatment focused medical system.
http://www.selfstudycenter.org/about.htm

~~~
Old 09-21-2007, 01:19 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

So what does this mean for guys who wear tighty-whities?

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 09-21-2007, 01:33 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

That bra thing was disproven....
Old 09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
That bra thing was disproven....

Kind of makes sense to me, cut the flow to an arm ... how long will it take for it to get sore?
This is a multi Billion $$$ industry, of course they will try to disprove it because they can loose money.
~
Old 09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresont View Post
This is a multi Billion $$$ industry, of course they will try to disprove it because they can loose money.
~
And maybe it's just not true....
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Bras per say don't cause cancer themselves. Some of the reasons include that cutting off lymphatic circulation doesn't inspire cancer to randomly form. Cancer is mutations within a cell, or cells that eventually develops out of control. While cancer can be caused by many things, carinogens, free radicals, etc. it isn't caused by constriction.