Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Bulk Reef Supply

Old 09-25-2010, 06:55 PM

eternitybc is on a distinguished road
Default BRS Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

I'm interested in buying an RODI unit from these guys, and thought maybe we could get a group buy together to save some $$. Anyone else interested in placing an order? Please send your BRS account name and last name

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 PM

jeno is on a distinguished road
Default Group Buy?

I am looking for a group buy. Does anyone know of one in progress?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:05 PM

coreyskylar is on a distinguished road
Default Group buy

There is one going in for the 27th, tomorrow.
Talk to Amy.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:11 PM

Default BRS Group Buy?

Thanks Coreskylar but Amy is buying stuff for people in Edmonton so I am still looking for a Group Buy if anyone has one going!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:34 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

someone correct me if I am wrong but it does not matter if Amy is in Edmonton doing a group buy and you live in Calgary. I think I read some where that all orders are shipped to the person who wants the item not the person who placed the order. I would check with Amy to see if this is the case.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM

chris121277 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
someone correct me if I am wrong but it does not matter if Amy is in Edmonton doing a group buy and you live in Calgary. I think I read some where that all orders are shipped to the person who wants the item not the person who placed the order. I would check with Amy to see if this is the case.
That is fantastic little tidbit to know for future reference
Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Grizz, that is correct. I have a large order ready to go so I am hoping to save a couple bucks

Amy is not doing a group buy. She is buying for a group of people so all the stuff is being shipped to her.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 PM

amy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
Hi all,
Here is my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong):with a group buy you get a discount as a result of high sales volume. Items will be shipped to wherever the owner of each order wants them to go. Each person then pays the shipping, which starts at 24.99 and goes up in significant increments from there. This is great for people from all over wanting to get a discount.

What I am doing is putting the order in my name, so one order. We don't get a discount for ordering lots of stuff, (we are getting preferred customer pricing) but we are saving significantly on the shipping cost as it is split equally between the number of buyers. The thing is, you have to be close to Edmonton for this to work in your favour, as you have to come and pick your items up...they will all ship to me. Currently as it stands shipping is sitting around the $10 mark as of now...will go lower with each additional order.

Hope that helps a little.
Amy
Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 PM

George is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
Hi all,
Here is my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong):with a group buy you get a discount as a result of high sales volume. Items will be shipped to wherever the owner of each order wants them to go. Each person then pays the shipping, which starts at 24.99 and goes up in significant increments from there. This is great for people from all over wanting to get a discount.

What I am doing is putting the order in my name, so one order. We don't get a discount for ordering lots of stuff, (we are getting preferred customer pricing) but we are saving significantly on the shipping cost as it is split equally between the number of buyers. The thing is, you have to be close to Edmonton for this to work in your favour, as you have to come and pick your items up...they will all ship to me. Currently as it stands shipping is sitting around the $10 mark as of now...will go lower with each additional order.

Hope that helps a little.
Amy
You don't have to be in the same country as the people in the group buy. There is always a BRS group buy in reefcentral. So you join one of the group buy in RC, to have group buy price, and then ask your buddies in the same city to pool your order. Then you got the best of both world, group buy price and lower shipping cost.

Last edited by George; 01-26-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
You don't have to be in the same country as the people in the group buy. There is always a BRS group buy in reefcentral. So you join one of the group buy in RC, to have group buy price, and then ask your buddies in the same city to pool your order. Then you got the best of both world, group buy price and lower shipping cost.
Now that's a great idea!