Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > JL Aquatics

Old 12-09-2015, 04:34 PM

Sidius is on a distinguished road

I've noticed that whenever I try to navigate using my mobile phone (Android), I can't seem to view any pages. It doesn't seem to matter if I search or browse through the side menu, it returns a page that says "There are no products matching the selection". As an example, I knew you carried the Vertex Puratek RO/DI system and I wanted to check the price. When I click on RO/DI water filters from the side menu on my phone, I get that page. When I click that on my PC, it loads fine and shows me all the RO/DI filters you sell. I also noticed the same problem all through black friday when trying to see what you had announced would be on-sale that day. It basically means I can't shop from my phone because I can't get anything to load. Just a heads up because I know a lot of people do shop online from their phones these days.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:51 PM

Christopher is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue can't view any items from your website on my iPhone.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:20 PM

Reef-Geek is on a distinguished road

The new site is REALLY REALLY SLOW, please fix it.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:32 PM

gmann is on a distinguished road

Or those local can get off their asses and go to the store themselves?
Old 12-09-2015, 08:42 PM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann View Post
Or those local can get off their asses and go to the store themselves?
Ewe lol
Old 12-09-2015, 08:53 PM

Fishy! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidius View Post
I've noticed that whenever I try to navigate using my mobile phone (Android), I can't seem to view any pages. It doesn't seem to matter if I search or browse through the side menu, it returns a page that says "There are no products matching the selection". As an example, I knew you carried the Vertex Puratek RO/DI system and I wanted to check the price. When I click on RO/DI water filters from the side menu on my phone, I get that page. When I click that on my PC, it loads fine and shows me all the RO/DI filters you sell. I also noticed the same problem all through black friday when trying to see what you had announced would be on-sale that day. It basically means I can't shop from my phone because I can't get anything to load. Just a heads up because I know a lot of people do shop online from their phones these days.
On I phone you have to browse in "private browsing" it has something to do with the site storing bad cookies that it always bounces to that page. I don't know if you can do something similar on android or just clear your cashe and cookies.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:58 PM

jlaquatics is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

We are currently working on improving the site speed and have made changes yesterday evening & today and this may be related to the issues you have experienced.

As for the mobile browsing and items/products not showing up, I'm not able to recreate that in the store today on our phones. Perhaps those that are having issues need to clear their caches, as some changes that we have made will require that for optimal operation. Let me know.

Feel free to contact me directly at the shop so I can try to troubleshoot individual cases.

Thanks for the patience!

Jeff
Old 12-10-2015, 01:07 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

What I hate most about the site at this point in its development is that finding prices on corals requires sooooo much effort and time because now there are over a hundred pages of "image coming soon" to flip through. Its a real PITA compared to the very simple pricing system with sample images that was used in the earlier website. In general, corals are so diverse that other than your NEW & NOTEWORTHY specimens, or WYSIWYG corals, having the stock images will NOT really let buyers know what they are really getting in terms of corals that are in stock in the store.

You should include "cheat-sheet" pages similar to the price lists you have in the fish room so online buyers can quickly scan to see what the prices will be for different corals and fish that are not on the New & Noteworthy page. Just a suggestion.

Anthony
Old 12-10-2015, 01:31 PM

fixerupper is on a distinguished road
Default Website won't take orders

Tried entering an order this morning on iPad but got the 'forever updating' blank screen.

Tried 3x on PC with cc but it just keeps returning a 'server error'. Yes, this is after clearing my cache.
Then I tried with PayPal just to see if the system only goes mental with credit cards...nope...it persists with PayPal but at least I get a different 'something went wrong' error: It asked if I would like to Kill the Page or retry.

I was only able to click once on the offer to Kill the Page but if I could it would have been clicked 100x

What's next?
Maybe I should bow to the East while rattling chicken bones and burning incense THEN click 'checkout'?

Hopefully you can get this fixed today or at least honour the 'deal of the day' if not fixed in time to order it.

20 year old Hagen 100g 6' mixed reef. 36g sump with multiple broken Waveline products removed. Lights T5-LED combo.
1 Coral Beauty, 1 Flame, 1 Blue Tang, 5 Green Chromis, 2 Pajama Cardinals, Asst'd hermits & snails.
2 large boxes of broken expensive aquarium crap. 1 x VERY understanding wife.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:40 PM

Fishman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerupper View Post
Tried entering an order this morning on iPad but got the 'forever updating' blank screen.

Tried 3x on PC with cc but it just keeps returning a 'server error'. Yes, this is after clearing my cache.
Then I tried with PayPal just to see if the system only goes mental with credit cards...nope...it persists with PayPal but at least I get a different 'something went wrong' error: It asked if I would like to Kill the Page or retry.

I was only able to click once on the offer to Kill the Page but if I could it would have been clicked 100x

What's next?
Maybe I should bow to the East while rattling chicken bones and burning incense THEN click 'checkout'?

Hopefully you can get this fixed today or at least honour the 'deal of the day' if not fixed in time to order it.
Try "Logging On" prior to shopping ...