Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 PM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I suspect he is telling you a story on that one. yes they can get info, but it is very hard and if your running any anti virius at all it is unlikely. if you have a firewall then that is another hurdle. also online banking ect is 128bit encription, it is going to take a super computer a week to break that, so unless a group is specificly targiting you not to much to worry about there.

Shaw also has firewall, anti virius and e-mail filters you chose to use them or not. telus internet is slow unless you are close to where they have there main equipment, the farther away the slower it is. in outlining comunities it is almost painfull.

Steve
this was alittle while ago about 6 years ago but anyways if you do not keep your ani-virus program up to date then guess what there is no way you can detect all viruses also there is no ani-virus program out there that will 100% of the viruses that is why i run 2 anti-virus program simotainusly. Fire walls are only as good as the person that sets them up if you leave anything open it leaves away for others to hack in. I had a very good firewall that had a sandbox incorperated in to it. I found at least once a month someone wouldget by the fire wall and then get stuck in the sandbox. A sandbox works by throwing endless passwords at an intruder cink of like a dog chasing his own tail around. I had one guy in there for over an hour trying to hackin, relentless if nothing else. then the company that I got that product from sold out and stopped providing security software for the home user, now all of the gateway and chastas equipment and WAN use thier software.

Bill