Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough
Default Avatar

Anybody seen it yet?

Irene & I just came back from watching Avatar 3D & it is awesome. Good story (if a little simple), but the special effects & action are mind blowing. Well worth seeing in the theatre. I have a 46" 1080P Sony, but it just wouldn't be the same watching this movie at home. They charged $3 extra for the 3D but worth it. Irene calls it her favourite movie in a long time.

Anthony
Old 12-19-2009, 10:34 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Thanks for the note! I was thinking about checking it out. Will definitely have to check it out in 3D.

Cheers,

Chris
Old 12-19-2009, 02:04 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

I ususally don't like going to the theatre. I have 7.1 surround, 52" screen, and a PAUSE button LOL. But that said, I think I just may go see this one. Not sure if it's gona be 3d in my theatre tho

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 12-19-2009, 02:50 PM

elitesurfer is on a distinguished road

Going to see this on Imax 3d today
Old 12-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

An awesome movie.
James Cameron flick through and through.
The story may be simple, but it is a story based on true events, ones seen in recent canadian history.

Please keep in mind while watching that what you see being done to the people of the planet the colonists are trying to take over is exactly the same thing that the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT did AND IS DOING to canada's indigenous people (native americans)....

Only worse and with less mercy than the movie portrayed it.

When the Canadian government was turned away by the might of the people and their power in their land, our government just decided it would be easier to befriend the people, and send them blankets (a blanket is not just to keep you warm in most native cultures, it is also a right of passage and a ceremonial thing) laced with small pox. A disease to which the people had no immunity and hence wiped out nearly 90% of them in British Columbia.

This also wasn't that long ago, there are still people alive today who remember from being there.

I'm sure you can imagine how much easier it was to round up all their children and force them into residential schools....which I hope everyone knows what torturous and rape infested places they were...Thank you jesus.

the reservation system is much like we took tiny parts of their planet in the movie and let them govern themselves(under our rules of course, foreign as they may be to a people of the land)there.

It really was a great movie, I just want everyone to understand how close we actually are to being those company colonists with $$ in our eyes.

If you guys want to see a great movie without the Avatar budget or James cameron fantasy action watch Muffins for Granny

It will make you feel ashamed.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:22 PM

manaf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
An awesome movie.
James Cameron flick through and through.
The story may be simple, but it is a story based on true events, ones seen in recent canadian history.

Please keep in mind while watching that what you see being done to the people of the planet the colonists are trying to take over is exactly the same thing that the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT did AND IS DOING to canada's indigenous people (native americans)....

Only worse and with less mercy than the movie portrayed it.

When the Canadian government was turned away by the might of the people and their power in their land, our government just decided it would be easier to befriend the people, and send them blankets (a blanket is not just to keep you warm in most native cultures, it is also a right of passage and a ceremonial thing) laced with small pox. A disease to which the people had no immunity and hence wiped out nearly 90% of them in British Columbia.

This also wasn't that long ago, there are still people alive today who remember from being there.

I'm sure you can imagine how much easier it was to round up all their children and force them into residential schools....which I hope everyone knows what torturous and rape infested places they were...Thank you jesus.

the reservation system is much like we took tiny parts of their planet in the movie and let them govern themselves(under our rules of course, foreign as they may be to a people of the land)there.

It really was a great movie, I just want everyone to understand how close we actually are to being those company colonists with $$ in our eyes.

If you guys want to see a great movie without the Avatar budget or James cameron fantasy action watch Muffins for Granny

It will make you feel ashamed.

yea canada has blood all over its hands and residental schools is soo recent too last one closed 1996 which is horrible
Old 12-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

ha...
Saskatchewan was a little behind the times there....
Old 12-21-2009, 04:28 AM

Psyire is on a distinguished road

Avatar is incredible. Quite possibly the best movie ever. I highly recommend people take this in at the theatre in 3D, it is astounding.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee

WOW. Great movie....... gonna go see it in IMAX next
Old 12-21-2009, 08:40 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Tried to see it tonight... got there 35 mins before (sunday night should be slow right?), well, a 10:30 movie was sold out in imax, and even the normal non Imax/3D was sold out.