Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2012, 03:51 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road
Default Daplatapus's upgrade

Well, I bit the bullet and bought Taionereefer's 210 gallon. So I went out to Van yesterday hoping to make the 12:45 ferry. FYI, don't think you can get on a ferry in the summer, on a Friday by getting there only an hour before it's supposed to sail.
Anyway, after being the 3rd to last vehicle to make it on the 3:10, we finally made it, met Taionereefer and family, loaded the tank up and ate a couple of their ice cream sandwiches. . Thanks again!
And what's a trip to the mainland without popping into J&L. Just bought a couple bulkheads and drooled over some Mp40's, but I thought I've pushed my wife's buttons enough this month so left with just the bulkheads in hand.
Missed the 7:30 ferry, Du'oh! But got on the 9:30 after a nice pizza and beer in horseshoe bay. Got home at 1:00 am, crashed, and got back up at 6:00 am to drive to Saltspring Island to help out a friend where I'm writing this. And guess where... waiting once again for the ferry because they're running 40min behind. Gotta love BC Ferries.
Anyway this will not be a quick switch over, but hopefully be fun. Pics to come