Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > World Feeds

Old 03-27-2013, 09:43 PM

Goatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
You hit the nail on the head, you are correct keeping them alive with the correct nutrition this is why the mass of public aquariums around the world use the food for this exact reason and the food is passed by their in house marine nutritionists to make sure the food meets that exact criteria.

Its that reason alone which has seen New Era become so massively respected in the professional aquaculture world and win time after time important research contracts.

Bringing New Era to the home aquaculturist is a huge benefit to us as we now can have access also from the rich benefits the food provides.

One good example was a a dealer up East, he was importing for a long time rare catfish, he could not get them to survive, he was feeding a leading brand food, they would eat but starve. So he switched to New Era, within a month the fish gained weight and he had no more losses, he now breeds from this stock!
Is there anything written by this person stating this claim?

Inidentally a castfish is not a Moorish idol.

Everyone has heard of a few that seem to live okay in hobbiest tanks, but when even pro's with access to live sponge have difficulties keeping them alive, the "claims" made by showing a video where a Moorish idol eats pellets is simply a gimmick and could potentially waste the lives of Many idols because people buy what your selling..there are far too many over inflated claims in this hobby as it is.

Without documented proof it's useless.

This is not to take away from the quality of the food, merely the claims that it will keep hard to keep species alive. One pellet feeding does not a healthy Idol make.

Is there any science or any research provided for this food I can read?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 AM

Duker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Werbowski View Post
I wish New Era would come out with a pellet for fish with small mouths.

Me to!!!

75 gallon in-wall SPS dominant and some sweet zoas, attached 30 gallon refugium/seahorse tank, attached 15 gallon mangroves/bad boy tank/pod factory, 40 gallon sump.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

this is really simple. New Era is soft. take a small handful and get yourself a Slap chop or just a chopping knife and make yourself a baggy of smaller pellet.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
Is there anything written by this person stating this claim?

Inidentally a castfish is not a Moorish idol.

Everyone has heard of a few that seem to live okay in hobbiest tanks, but when even pro's with access to live sponge have difficulties keeping them alive, the "claims" made by showing a video where a Moorish idol eats pellets is simply a gimmick and could potentially waste the lives of Many idols because people buy what your selling..there are far too many over inflated claims in this hobby as it is.

Without documented proof it's useless.

This is not to take away from the quality of the food, merely the claims that it will keep hard to keep species alive. One pellet feeding does not a healthy Idol make.

Is there any science or any research provided for this food I can read?
I think the science is in the volume of zoos and aquariums and research centers using the food. But you can always email New era and ask directly they are very open, nothing to hide with the worlds leading researched food.

In regards to the catfish, you can email me and i will forward you his email so you can ask him directly. His name is Serge and he runs a tropical fish store in Moncton.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinc View Post
where in Alberta can I buy this?
Nearly every main store in Alberta carries it, Red corals has the largest selection in Edmonton. and in Calgary you have concepts and Pisces pets.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
What about avail in BC? I really wish RC had a website to order online LOL
Oceanic corals has the most on the mainland and Blue world Victoria for the Island
Old 03-29-2013, 12:10 AM

Werbo is on a distinguished road

This is really simple. When New Era makes a 1mm pellet I will buy it.

Companies liked customer feedback and ideas to boost sales of there products. Hopefully the message gets passed on
Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 AM

New era make a 1mm pellet this is the min size diameter in the tubs, length is different however.

The machines that make the pellet are unique they are designed at huge expense by New era and specially made to create a cold compressed pellet, the machines can not physically make a pellet less than 1mm in diameter and the length will vary due to the process between 1mm to 3mm.

Many clients make their own little baggies of smaller size to meet their own requirements, even the research centers feeding hatchlings.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 03-29-2013 at 12:40 AM.