Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 09-23-2004, 11:13 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef_raf
Tony, th tooth design is different. IPP might have them, but you'd need a bank loan. Specialty saw shops are likely the best place. These can run upwards of $200 per blade.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:16 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
That's really cool.

So what's different about an acrylic blade? Up until now I thought it was just more teeth that you wanted. Is the shape of the teeth different?

Would a place like Industrial Paints & Plastics have a blade like that or do you need to special order it from somewhere?
some features are simulare like the tripple chip tooth arangment, but the shape of the space between the teeth is different to reduce heat and melting and to clear the chips faster. also the rake of the teeth is different. my blade was 160+tax after my discount. go to a saw shop and ask for a nomelt acrilic blade. should be between 150 to 200 bucks. or for the same price drive to the Island and I will cut it for ya

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:37 AM

medican is on a distinguished road
Default jig

hi guys.......

sorry to bud in but I built this one and works great and I included the home page to with a list of lots of DIY

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=169285

http://barraquatic.com/

hope this helps

richard
Old 10-16-2004, 03:29 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by medican
hi guys.......

sorry to bud in but I built this one and works great and I included the home page to with a list of lots of DIY

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=169285

http://barraquatic.com/

hope this helps

richard
I looked at this design originally and decided to make my own for two reasons. the one in the link was plywood. this I could have easily built out of MDF instead which is a superior product to use for jigs as it has a perfect surface and is more rigid and structurally stable than plywood.

also the design of that one was that you needed to build two of them. one for the larger pipe and one for the smaller pipe and I didn't want two jigs taking up space when one could do it.

if you already have made one I would suggest going out and getting a chunk of MDF to use as the backing plate to give your tube a truer surface to run on. you will notice it in your cuts.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.